Chapter 5: Be Careful

********November 8, 2017**********

I woke up with a deep pain in my back. I cried as I tried to reach for the nurse button. When I couldn't reach it I decided to just scream. I forgot Kayla was in the chair bed but she jumped up quickly looking dazed and confused.

"Fuck! What's wrong?"

"Get the nurse! Please! Ahhhh"

"Fuck!"

She ran stumbling out of the room. It wasn't long before the nurses came rushing in to check me. I was five centimeter's dilated and the baby had dropped even more. They called my doctor to get to the hospital because the baby was coming.

I cried as the contractions rolled through only having three minutes between them. They gave me some medicine for the pain and I felt high as a kite.

"Call him Kayyy" I slurred out "I hate him! He has to see this!"

"Giovanni you're drugged----"

"Please Kay! Call him!"

"You sure?"

"I don't know" I giggled "Let's see what happens"

Kay stepped out and made the call. I started drifting in and out of consciousness. I couldn't tell if I was passing out or falling asleep. I heard the heart machine's beats change and knew it had to be bad. Then I was out.

KANE CARTER

I rushed into the hospital and ran to Giovanni's floor. They were rushing her out. She was giggling but all the staffed looked serious. Kayla pushed me to follow them so I did. They threw scrubs on me and led me to an operation room.

I watched helplessly as they sat her up and stuck the biggest fucking needle in her back. They laid her down and put up a curtain. I was moved to sit by her head as they started the surgery.

"Giovanni" I rubbed her hair looking at her "I know I ruin everything. I ruin the case... I ruin us.... It's like every decision I made only made it worst. I'm sorry! It might not mean anything but I still love you. You changed my life... I'm sorry I couldn't make it real" she shook her head for a second "I want to be there for you and our baby girl. I want us to figure out how we can make it happen. I promise you I'll do whatever I can for our baby girl. Just let me ma"

"Alright people get ready" the doctor spoke

I stood up and immediately saw Giovanni's open stomach and blood. The doctors were cutting and pulling at her insides like it was nothing. I looked down at her and she seemed spaced. It wasn't long before they were pulling out a baby.

"It's a girl!" they spoke

"My baby" Giovanni's voice came out in a whisper "Nova"

"She's not breathing"

My tears rolled faster as they snatched my daughter away to work on her. I didn't get to hear her cry because as they began working on her Giovanni's monitors started beeping. I was rushed out and told to wait in her room.

I passed the hallway outside the OR and eventually punched a whole in the wall. I headed back to her room where Kay and Parker were waiting outside. I was still crying when I walked up which sent Kay into immediate tears.

"What happen?" Parker grabbed me

"I don't fucking know man"

I walked in her room and held my face as I cried. It felt like hours had passed before the doctor came. Still in his scrubs covered in her blood he wore a smile. My heartbeat came back as he spoke letting us know she was okay and stable. Her blood pressure dropped when the baby was removed.