Chapter 13: Her Peace

ASANI EASTON

************ August 14, 2018************

Giovanni didn't come back until the plane landed. I had already moved back to my seat when she sat down. Her face was flushed so I knew she really did break down on me. I shook my head and looked out my window thinking about Giovanni. I just couldn't wrap my mind around how she could be so strong yet so weak. She was broken but she had a shield all at the same time.

I have never tried to get close to anyone. The crew is the closet I've ever had to family and even then I'm only close to G and Sky. We all met on the street trying to stay out of state custody around thirteen... But Giovanni made me want to open up to her and it was weird. We just vibe on an instant. Once I figured out her plan, I've done everything to try to convince her to let it go. She doesn't even realize how important she is to Rio and Sky and Grayson. She's ready to throw it away because she's anger. I've been there but it's not worth it in the end.

When the plane finally stopped we exited and headed to the rental that was waiting for us. G and I had connections all across the country so it was nothing to set everything up here without a trace of us. I put our bags in the car before hopping in and driving off. Our connect let us borrow his safe house while we get the job done. The minute we walked in, Giovanni was hyper focus on planning out her every move. She went through all the info she had as I just watched her. I was only here to make sure she didn't make any mistakes. The one thing that would be for sure is there would be no trace of us being here.

Once she had it all planned I forced her to go to bed. I took of my clothes and laid on the couch in only my boxer so I could sleep as well. I was almost there when I felt a presence over me. I didn't move and waited for them to even breath on me.

"San"

"Damn Vanni" I open my eyes looking up at her "You can't do that shit"

"Sorry" she shook her head "Never mind. Goodnight"

"Nah what's up"

I had to sit up and grab her before she walked away. She looked down twiddling her fingers. It took me a minute to realize what was wrong.

"You can't sleep"

She shook her head

"I can sleep with you if it'll help"

She shrugged

"Come on"

I stood up and took her hand. I finally noticed she was just wearing an oversized t-shirt and footies. I took in her appears in the time it took me to lead her back to the bedroom. We both climb in the bed only for her to hug the edge. I sighed before turning over and pulling her into me. Her back rested against my chest and I wrap my around her. She was tense for a minute before she finally relaxed.

"It's okay Vanni. I'm here to protect you"

"You can't protect me from my mind"

"What do you mean?"

"When I close my eyes... I see it all. My life is like a movie of torture that is on repeat as soon as my eyes shut... and it's only the bad moments. I know I have happy memories somewhere... I just can't find them. It's so much worst when I close my eyes though"

"Vanni you can't deny we been getting close. Not on no funny shit right now... but let me be your peace baby girl. Just relax when you with me okay. Shit finna get sick with the moves we making outchea... you gotta have a space of peace... Let that be me, aight?"

Giovanni's only response was a slight nod as she snuggled tighter into me. I return the gesture holding her both tighter and closer as we drifted off to sleep. There was definitely something about Giovanni.... and I just couldn't shake it.