2

Y/N's POV
I walk back into the classroom. I don't say anything. I grab my stuff and walk back out. The teacher tries to stop me by calling out my name but I don't stop and she doesn't try again.
I walk to my locker; opening it and throwing my books in the top shelf. I grab everything that I need, which is most of my stuff. Then, I go to my little closet. I take everything that I know I will need living in a new place and then ditch school. I start walking until I reach a highway.
I hold up my hand hoping for someone kind to pick me up and give me a ride. After about an hour of waiting, someone stops.
"Hello, you need a ride?" asks a nice looking older couple.
"Yes yes please," I say.
"Hope in! Where you headed?" asks the woman.
"Tulsa, Oklahoma," I answered.
"We're driving through there right, dear?" she clarifies with her husband.
"Indeed," he responds, all while looking at the road.
"So why are you going to Tulsa all alone?" the woman asks. I start to explain my whole life story and that takes a long time. Eventually, I fell asleep and was woken up a few hours later by the woman.
"Wake up y/n! We're in Tulsa!" she says. I get out of the car and say thank you over and over. I was really grateful for their help.
It was still light out but it wouldn't be for very long so I knew that I needed to find Steve. I decided that I would go to places that might be hang outs.
I found a couple diners and asked a bunch of people but no one was Steve. I went to a drive-in called the Dingo but no one was there either. I was thirsty by then and decided that I needed a drink. I had some change so I decided to go to the DX station nearby. I walked in and grabbed a Pepsi. There was a young man working the register. I walk up to him and put the Pepsi and some change on the counter. I look up at the man and see that his name tag says Steve.
"Um, Steve is it?" I ask.
"You know it," he says.
"My name is y/n," I say, he stopped putting the money in the register and looks at me. He closed the register and ran out from the counter and hugged me. I hugged him back, it felt right. I finally have family.

Steve goes to talk to his boss and says that he is gonna take the rest of the day off.
"Come with me to the garage. Gonna say goodbye to my friend before we leave," Steve says. I nod and follow him. When I get to the garage I see a guy who is the perfect mix of hot and cute. I blush just slightly.
"Who's the broad, Steve?" he asks my brother.
"This is my sister," Steve answers. The boy looks at me with a shocked expression.
"Really?" he asks.
"Yeah. Y/n, this is Sodapop Curtis, my best bud. Soda, this is y/n, my sister," Steve introduces us. Sodapop wipes his greasy hands on a rag and holds out his right hand for me to shake. I take it and shake his hand. He has a firm grip and rough hands, but I don't mind. He smiles at me and I can't help but smile back.
"C'mon y/n, we're going to the Curtis house," Steve says. Soda and i were still looking into each other's eyes. "Y/n."
"Oh um yeah," i mumble and finally look away from Soda.
"See ya later Stevie and y/n/n (y/n/n = your nick name)"
Steve laughs. "Sodas already got a nick name for you." I couldn't help but smile at that. Soda was a cutie.

[don't forget to vote and comment!]