7

*1 week time skip*

Soda still isn't doing very well. He stays in his room most of the time. He's finally going back to work though so I guess that's an improvement. He only really talks to me, Pony, and Steve. He doesn't talk to Dally, Johnny, Darry, or even Two-Bit. It's not that he's mad at them or anything, he just has a hard time being vulnerable around them. Even with Steve; he only talks to him at work. He's not happy-go-lucky anymore though. Ever since I met Sodapop, I thought he'd always be happy no matter what. I guess I was wrong. But hey, it's okay to be sad. I have depression for gods sake. I know what it's like.
I walk home from school with Ponyboy. We walk in and Ponyboy shuts the door nice. He and Darry are the only ones that don't slam it, Sodapop too, occasionally.
"Want some food?" Pony asks me.
"Not really," I answer.
"'ight."
"I've got to go to the bathroom. Be right back," I say and walk over to the restroom.
**SORTA SUICIDAL/BLOOD WARNING JUST SKIP THIS PART IF IT'LL TRIGGER YOU! all u need to know is that soda was cutting and y/n HAS (in the past) cut before**
When I walk in, Sodapop is sitting, crying, in the bathtub. There's one slit in his wrist and a razor blade from what looks like a pencil sharpener in his hand. There was blood dripping down his old, worn, khaki shorts from his wrist. You can tell that he cut really deep. I want to scream but I'm at a loss for words. I just stand there whimpering. There's a reason I always wear long sleeve. I've cut myself before, but seeing it on someone else, especially from someone you love, it fucks you up. Soda stopped crying and was licking his lips, trying to think of something to say.
**you SHOULD be fine now**
"Um," is all he can muster.
All I can think to do is roll up my sleeve to let him know that he's not alone.
"Y/n."
My lip twitches when he says my name with pure and absolute sadness.
"I didn't know that you-"
"Most people don't. There's a reason I always wear long sleeves. I don't like letting people know how vulnerable I am." I say.
"For how long?"
"Since i was 12,"
"Holy shit, y/n. I'm so fucking sorry," Soda says.
"Why?"
"Because you've gone through way more than me and I cut."
"That's bullshit. Even if I have, that doesn't mean you have any less reason to do it. Just don't do it again. It won't help you, i promise you it won't."
**you def fine now**
"I-I just feel so empty and-and-uh,"
"Tired? But not from sleep, from living?" I say.
"Ye-yeah."
"That's depression, Sodapop."
"O-oh."
"Look soda, I stopped cutting when I found out I had a brother. Shit gets better, I promise. The bad things always turn around. You'll find someone else or realize that someone in your life can and will make you feel whole again. The only thing is, that the scars don't go away. Don't make them in the first place Soda. They just make you remember even more."
"But there's already one."
"That'll just make you remember this conversation. Don't cut soda, please. It's a horrible habit to get in to."
All of a sudden, the door swings open again.

tbc
Sorry for the really touchy and triggering chapter.
ALSO
thanks so much for 500+ reads!! <3
ALSO
I just wanna let you guys know how happy it makes me when you add my stories to your reading lists. it actually fills my heart with joy and i love it so much so thank you for adding them!