6

THANKS FOR 350 READS. ILY GUYS SO MUCH! also merry day after christmas :)

"What do you think happened?" I say.
"Well obviously she broke up with him," Ponyboy says.
"No shit, Sherlock," Two-Bit says.
Soda walks into the kitchen, grabs a beer, and chocolate cake. Pony turns and whispers to my ear.
"Soda never drinks."
I feel my heart sink. I feel so bad for him. He heads back to his room and shuts the door.
"I'm gonna talk to him," Pony says, and starts getting up. I stand too and throw him back down.
"No, I will."
"Okay."
I walk up to soda and Ponys room and knock quietly on the door.
"Go away," Soda whimpers. I turn the knob on the door and peek my head in. Soda looks mad that I opened it.
"Go away!"
"No, you can't be alone right now." I say as I sit on the edge of his bed."
He adjusts how he's sitting and just nods.
"Wanna talk?"
"Sh-she's pregnant."
"Oh. Why aren't you happy? You seem like you'd be happ-"
"We never did it. She cheated on me. It's not my baby. And now she's moving to Florida and doesn't want to see me or talk to me anymore."
"Oh, soda. I'm so sorry."
I just sat there hugging him for what felt like hours but was probably more like just ten minutes.
"I'll be okay eventually right?" Soda asks me.
"Yes. You will. You'll fall in love again with someone who would never do that to you. You'll have a family and grow old together. You're amazing Sodapop and youll realize that someone out there really loves you." I say in response.
"Really?"
"Really."
"Promise?"
"Promise."
"Thanks y/n, really."
"No problem soda. Just remember, everyone out there loves you."
"I know," Soda says and manages a smile.
"Just remember that I love you." I say, almost a whisper.
"I love you too," Soda says, his smile seems genuine now.
I hug Soda one more time and then stand up and walk out the door.
I know that's not gonna fix everything but I hope that little talk helped him at least a little.
I walk back to the group and everyone started bombarding me with questions.
"I got him to smile once. And we basically just hugged the whole time. Sandy is pregnant. With someone else's baby. She cheated on him and is now moving to Florida." I say.
Everyone is quiet.

I really hope that soda will be okay soon.

I've just kind of accepted that all of my chapters are short now. Sorry :|
Hope you liked it anyway!
-bee