7. Hunt You Down

I gave Rhea a final encouragement before handing the microphone back to Sam. Instead of guiding Arthur, Sam will guide a very nervous Rhea today.

We set Rhea up at a table in the centre of Golden Spots. We made sure Arthur has to walk all the way over to finally see her. Her back was facing the entrance just in case Arthur decides to turn away at the sight of her. He was after all prepared to meet Rayleen Scott the microbiologist not Rhea Wright, his long estranged bestfriend.

Sam cued me when Arthur showed up. I'll be lying if I say I am not nervous.

"Why are doing this again?" Mia asked from next to me.

"She wants to reconnect with him" I told her "I want to help the poor girl"

"And since when are we doing charity in business?" She asked

"It's not charity" I explained "She has known him for years. She has a greater chance of getting to him. They are both available as of now. Isn't that good for our business?"

"And did you ask him how he feels about the arrangement?"

I don't know. Will he be happy to see her? Why is he holding a grudge this long when it's not even her fault? Did he really feel something for her? Is he still in love with her? Is that why he isn't attracted to me?

I shake my head to get rid of unwanted thoughts. "No mom" I glared at Mia "I'm sorry I'm doing something that's not righteous"

She rolled her eyes and turned to concentrate on Arthur who was currently walking towards Rhea with that fake polite smile of his.

I held my breath in anticipation when he took the final step o come face to face with her.

His brows scrunched in confusion at first before his golden eyes widened in surprise. Rhea stood up and smiled at him. She said something to him but he stood rooted to his spot.

"Is he angry?" Mia whispered "I think he is angry"

"Tell him to give you ten minutes of his time" Sam instructed Rhea over the microphone.

We saw Rhea suddenly take a hold of his hand and say what I assume Sam instructed her. That seems to have broke whatever trance Arthur was in because the next moment he violently shrugged her hand off and turned to walk away. Rhea rushed to hold him again and he shrugged her again. The entire restaurant was watching them at this point.

My heart thumped hard against my chest when he yelled something out loud before storming out of the restaurant despite Rhea's pleas.

Sam pulled her headphone away "He just threatened to kill you" she said with a sigh.

"What?" Mia questioned as I quivered inside. I know I'm going to be a dead food to Arthur soon.

"Mr. Leoline just said" Sam explained "I'm going to f*cking kill you Amelia"

As if on cue my phone started ringing. 'The Devil' lit up on the screen.

"You named him 'the devil'?" Mia took a hold of my phone.

"Don't pick it" I warned her

"Why does he even have your personal number?" she frowned.

I shrugged and walked out of the control room to my office. I need to lie down. I screwed up bad.

Spirits! What am I going to do now?

I am so dead.

__________