15. It's a one-sided Affair?

"Arthur Leoline?" I widened my eyes innocently at Harvey "Who's that? I don't know any Leoline"

Harvey chuckled dryly while Arthur let out a deep sigh.

"Really?" Harvey was completely facing me now "That's the best you can do? I'm ashamed of calling you my twin" he shook his head as if in real disappointment.

"Adam" I stood to my ground "His name is Adam. Does he look similar to someone you know Harv?"

"Shut up" Arthur hissed from behind Harvey "Don't use that ugly name for me"

"Adam is a perfectly beautiful name" I defended forgetting Harvey's puzzled glare.

Arthur snorted rolling his eyes "Sounds like a spineless rat to me"

"You are simply jealous of how perfect he is" I said pushing Harvey out of my way to walk up to Arthur and send a death glare his way.

"Had I been jealous, he would have been six feet under the ground" Arthur sneered "Why would I be jealous of someone whose annual income is less than ten days worth of my pet's food"

"You don't have a pet"

"That's beside the point" He glared back.

"I am calling mom and dad" I jumped at Harvey's voice. I almost forgot he was here. By the look of it Arthur did too.

He was pulling out his phone. I quickly snatched it from him "What are you doing?"

"No" Harvey shook his head "What are you doing Amy? What's a predator doing at your house? You aren't a child anymore. You can't go around doing stupid things without thinking" he said completely ignoring Arthur.

"It's not what it looks like" I defended myself.

"Then tell me what's actually going on before I call my boys over to detach his bones from his body" he nodded venomously at Arthur "You know how good I'm with bones don't you?"

Arthur scoffed "You need to call your boys to do it for you?" he raised a brow at my brother.

"Yeah!" Harvey glared "When mom gave birth to us, she made sure the beauty and the brain remains undivided with me. I know what I'm dealing with"

"He's a client" I said at last. This argument isn't going anywhere.

"What kind of client is he that you have to bring home?" the smartass retorted.

"Shut up. Both of you" Arthur yelled at us, his voice effectively shutting me but my brother is braver and has a false sense of ego that tells him to protect me. So he stood in front of me ready to fight Arthur.

Arthur sighed at him "I'm not going to hurt you guys" he said taking a step away "I came here to apologize to Amelia"

"For what?" Harvey barked not trusting Arthur's intentions. I always knew he was the smarter twin.

"For killing her mare" Arthur replied.

Harvey froze and so did I.

"I have been looking for her for quite some time now" Arthur continued when he saw our reactions "I wanted to apologize for the pain I caused her. Today was my attempt at befriending her. I have only good intentions towards your sister. I don't want to harm her. I'll do anything for her to forgive me"

Even with the tears that came with Cathy's memories, I couldn't help but notice how good of an actor Arthur was. Had I been Harvey, I would have been convinced that Arthur was here to beg forgiveness.