22. Your prison and your games

Warning: Long longggggg chapter ahead with a lot of new information to digest. Read when you have enough time at hand :P

___________

I started my week with a new skip to my steps and fresh glow to my face. I'm doing great. Almost a month without Arthur and my mind's finally clear enough for me to think straight.

This is good. This space is a brilliant idea we never thought about. The circumstances forced us this but I'm not complaining. His animal needs me and I can provide that without actually having to deal with him.

Had we thought about this to begin with, it would have saved me a heartbreak. But it's never too late to start so here we are, back to square one.

"Good morning Jasmine" I gave my secretary my brightest smile as I entered the building.

She followed after me "Good morning Amy" her smile however wasn't as cheerful so I raised a brow in question "You have a guest waiting for you"

"I have an appointment?"

"No you don't but......."

"I'll be happy with anyone but Arthur Leoline right now. Just don't throw him my way" I told her. I just flushed him out of my system yesterday morning. I can't be dealing with that first thing today "Or his assistant" I added as an afterthought.

The tension in Jasmine's body eased "It's his lawyer" she replied cheerfully.

Now I don't feel like returning her smile.

"I don't want to see her" I said climbing the elevator "Can I not see her please? She doesn't have an appointment"

"She threatened to issue you a notice so I had to make her wait in the meeting room"

"She can't do that" Can she?

"She is a Leoline" my secretary reminded me. Right. There's that.

"I want to fire you so bad right now" I sighed.

I don't even want to think what awaits me at the other side of the elevator which to my disappointment stopped too soon at my floor.

"I'll drag you to the court for that and hire Ms. Leoline to add insult to the injury" My secretary followed me to my cabin

"I was in a good mood after a very long time Jasmine"

"I'm sorry" she apologized "I'll go grab your favourite tea while you deal with her"

"I'd prefer for you to stand close in case I yell for help" I said now moving towards the meeting room.

"Yes boss" she saluted me.

I took a deep breath before pushing open the door to the meeting room. Here goes nothing.

The first thing I thought when I saw Alison Leoline was: Shit! I forgot that the meeting room is soundproof.

There wasn't anything starkly different about her looks from the other Leolines, a tall brunette with familiar honey eyes and sharp features. Sounds familiar? Yes basically the entire Leoline family. I wonder if George Leoline was mated to his cousin. That would be weird but would explain the cloning happening here.

"To what do I owe the pleasure Ms. Leoline" I plastered a smile on my face and decided to sit opposite to her in case she decides to get to the extremes with me.