14. Of broken Doors and clingy Lions.

I woke up to a pair of golden eyes. I didn't jump off the bed in fear this time. I stayed there staring back at him in silence.

He crept closer and nudged me with his nose when he realized I wasn't going to react to him. I took a deep breath and let my fingers finally feel the silk oh his mane. He leaned into my touch.

"Hey" I whispered, my voice heavy from sleep "You're back"

He settled comfortably next to me.

"It's not weekend though" I thought out loud "Don't you have a job to keep?"

He only let out a throaty growl in response.

Okay! Arthur did something. He did something to drive his animal to the forefront. The beast refuses to leave me. He wouldn't even let me take a bath. He watched me as I brushed my teeth, he waited patiently for me to finish my breakfast and then we once again watched a movie.

I had to call Sophie and give an excuse for skipping work. He better have a good reason for making me lose money.

I was expecting him to be gone by the time I woke up from my nap. Nope, He was there, sitting on the couch, once again creepily watching me like I would disappear if he blinks.

"That's it" I stood up from the couch "As much as I prefer you to your human, my bladder does not agree with me. You need to relax and let go of whatever is agitating you. What can I do to make you feel better Arthur?"

I sighed when all he did was roar back in response. Spirits! I hope Mrs. Jones lost her hearing aid again.

I pulled out my phone and dialed Arthur's office. I asked for Keith at the reception. He came up a few seconds later.

"Take him away" were my first desperate words to Keith as Arthur calmly looked on.

"He's with you" He responded mechanically. It wasn't an enquiry. He was simply confirming his doubt.

"His animal" I said curling my toes and gritting my jaws together.

"He'll come around" The effing bull replied like it was none of his business.

"You don't understand" I pleaded "Listen, just do something okay" I said shifting from one foot to another "He isn't letting me go out of his sight even for a moment. I am desperate here. Do you understand what I'm saying?" I effing hope the bull gets my point without me having to be more embarrassed.

"He'll come around" he repeated.

That's it.

"Which part of I f*cking need to pee didn't you f*cking get?" I yelled and threw the phone onto one of the couches.

The beast let out a bored yawn before settling back to go back to his favourite activity......staring at me.

I stood there for five more minutes, letting him relax. Once I knew he was comfortable, I jumped on my feet and dashed upstairs. I knew I had to be fast with my plan. I skipped to my bedroom out of habit and closed the door as fast as I could. I then rushed to the washroom and shut it too. I could hear the beast slamming onto the bedroom door.

I know I can't save my doors from the beast but really, can you blame me? Between the doors and your dignity, what would you chose? Yeah! I chose my dignity too.

By the time the beast broke down the washroom door, I was washing my hands, all safe and alive. My bladder wasn't killing me when I turned to glare at the roaring lion.

Whoa! Look at him getting all angry and violent as if I was the one breaking two extremely costly doors in someone else's house.

"You are getting that fixed" I pointed at the doors to him before walking out of the room with him in tow, this time closer.