18. Of Beds and Duvets.

"I'm not sleeping in my parents' bedroom and I'm not letting you sleep there either" I declared after the phone call with Caroline's mother and a promise of taking the little troublemaker out of my hair as soon as possible.

"Don't you have a guest room?" Caroline frowned.

"Yes" I glared pointedly at Arthur who looked totally awkward and out of place sitting on the opposite couch "I'm currently using it"

"Ah!" Caroline seems to be smart for a teen who runs away from home at every given opportunity. I always assumed those kind of kids had potatoes for brains. "I don't mind sharing a bed. I'm really tiny" She pointed at herself "I wouldn't take much space and I don't kick in my sleep"

That seems to be the only option.

"No" Arthur spoke up "No" he repeated firmer this time.

"Do you have a better option?" I sighed in frustration "Because I surely am not sleeping on the couch. You might have kicked me out of my bedroom but...."

"You can have it"

"....I am not going to let you.....wait what?"

"You can have your bedroom back. I'll take the couch". Look at the kind man, will you? He is so giving. It left me speechless and wide-eyed.

"Well now that it's all settled. I'll leave you two stare the creep out of each other while I check out my new room" Caroline's declaration made me snap out of the shock.

"Phsss...." I rolled my eyes "His kindness just blew my senses away for a moment. Don't worry about it" I waved my hand dismissively.

"Aren't you so brave when we have other people around?" Arthur sneered at me "Go jump around your room kid. I need to talk to my mate" he told Caroline without moving his gaze from me.

"I almost don't want to go now just because you asked" Caroline replied haughtily.

Arthur spared her a glare before standing up "To the bedroom" he told me "Now" he then proceeded to shove his hands casually in his pant pockets and walked away.

"Wow" Caroline whistled softly after him "He's almost scared me. Remember I said almost" she emphasized "He's right isn't he?"

"Huh....what?" I looked away from the bedroom door Arthur just disappeared into.

"You are only brave when you aren't alone with him?" She smirked "You kind of look like you are itching to sprint after him through that door. I kind of want to know the arrangement between the two of you. I think I got the gist of it though"

At any other time I would have appreciated her skills. She's going to be a great asset to the company. She reminds me of myself, nose in everyone's business and quick to catch on dramas happening around. But right now, she's getting on my nerves.

"You are thirteen Caroline" I glared at her and stood up "Go jump around your room" I started towards the stairs.

"See you even copy his words" She called after me "You are a chicken"

I am not. After last night's fiasco, I was planning on talking to Arthur myself. It's good that he isn't avoiding me and is equally concerned about it.

I shut the door to the bedroom after me solely for Caroline's benefit and turned to Arthur who was standing by the window.

"Please tell me last night was a usual behavior for predators" I leaned against the door after shutting it which ensured a room length distance between us with the bed acting as a barrier.

"I wanted to kiss you" he stated plainly.

"I understand" I nodded "What I'm asking is that you were expecting it right? You said your animal will resist your advances towards Rhea. It's that reaction right?" I asked hopefully.