29. Twelve years too late.

It was like I froze in his arms. His words resonated over and over in my head but I couldn't make sense of it. I should say something, anything that will stop the madness around me. But all I could do was stare back at the gold in his eyes and come to the realization that I could no longer tell him apart from his animal.

"Don't deny it Amelia" he was saying "I know this is all so scary and new to you but I'll fix everything. I promise. All you have to do is say yes and I'll make sure you never regret me. I swear it will all be worth it"

He loves me. Me. How?

Wanting me because I'm his mate was as far as I thought he could feel. Love wasn't something I wanted him to reciprocate. If there could be one thing worse than me falling for him, it is him feeling the same. F*ck.

What am I going to do now?

"Tell me you want me too Amelia" he tightened his hold on me breaking my trance "Don't deny it" he demanded.

"I....what are we going to do now?" I'm so scared for him, for me, for the both of us.

My reply probably took him by surprise because it took him a couple of seconds to recover.

"Come with me" he answered.

"Where?" I found myself asking. I have lost my mind.

The corner of his mouth lifted slightly "Wherever you want to go" he answered "There are five human continents to choose from"

"Live with the humans?" Don't don't don't consider it you stupid woman.

He nodded "They wouldn't know who we are. They wouldn't know what differentiates us. They wouldn't judge us. They wouldn't call us an abomination"

That sounds nice.

"Is that what you want?" Oh for the love of my twin! What am I doing?

"I want to be with you; with my soulmate" he replied "It doesn't matter where. As long as you agree to come with me, I might even consider the other two ice continents" his lips rose to a slight smirk.

"That's stupid" I muttered still out of my mind.

"I know" He smiled "Will you come with me Amelia?"

Do I want to? Yes.

At the cost of losing everyone else? No.

But if it's his life at stake......F*ck.

My family, my friends, my childhood, my memories......

"I know I'm asking you to leave your world behind for me. I know I'm asking for too much. But I promise this wouldn't be the last time you see them. We can tell them about us together. We can't come here but they can visit us"

He thought this through.

"Stop" I leaned my head against his shoulder "Stop talking for a second. I can't think right now"

His hand instantly came around me "I'm sorry"

So I stood there leaning against him, listening to his heartbeats as they raced.

"I don't want to love you" I finally said.

He tightened his grip on me in response. I realized he does that a lot, like he could physically stop me from leaving.

"You are trouble"

"I know" he said softly

"I am a sensible woman"

He hummed.

"I have always chosen who I want to fall for" I recalled "It was always the nicest, the sweetest stallion who would fit perfectly into my world. I looked at men and evaluated them before putting them into my list"