~5~

The female Avengers instantly took you under their wings

The female Avengers instantly took you under their wings. They went out of their way to make sure you felt included and at home, going so far as to make plans. The three of you were to have a 'girls' night in'. The idea was to get dolled up and have drinks together in the lounge. An ingenious way to spend time together and have some fun without having to leave the comfort of the tower. Of course, you were making a day of it. Nat had swiped one of Tony's credit cards months ago, and was taking you and Wanda out shopping

"He still hasn't noticed that I've been spending from it all this time," she laughed. 

After years of solitude it felt incredible to have something resembling normal female friendship. You hit all of the stores you usually looked at longingly but never worked up the courage to go into on your own dime. To make things interesting, you were picking out each others dresses for the evening. You would be purchasing Wanda's, she would get Natasha's, and Nat would buy yours.

You all returned with as many bags as you could carry, most of them were yours. You spent the afternoon filling your closet and putting your new makeup into the slender drawers of your makeup table. You also returned with a new speaker system, straightener, curler and blow dryer. You might not be exactly like a normal woman but you weren't too proud to not enjoy a good pampering every now and then. You'd curled your hair and done your makeup when a knock came on your door. Nat peeked her head in, a sly smile on her lips.

"I've got your dress girlie," she winked. You smiled over at her walking to take the bag from her hand and setting it on your bed, grabbing another bag.

"Guess I'd better deliver Wanda's!" You grinned as your excitement bubbled over. "Ready for the best girls night ever?"

"You bet." You made your way to Wanda's room, and before you could even knock she swung the door open.

"Is that my beautiful dress?" You nodded with a wink and walked away, leaving the bag in her hands. You'd picked her out a tight knee length dress in ivory lace. It had a laced up V-neck and long wide sleeves. You couldn't wait to see her in it. The minute you got back to your room you pulled the tissue paper out of Nat's bag. A pool of black silk sat at the bottom of the bag. It was softer than you'd ever imagined it could be and you had to pull yourself out of your fabric admiration to take in the dress itself. It was small and slinky and you silently cursed yourself for letting Nat pick your dress.

You put the finishing touches on your makeup before shimmying your hips into the soft fabric. The dress just barely reached your mid thigh and you knew instantly that you'd be standing all evening. The skirt was gathered on one side and the front showed a generous amount of cleavage. The back was left gaping open until just above your tailbone. You took a few deep breaths to steel your nerves and clasped your pearls around your neck before stepping into your shoes and heading for Natasha's room.

Wanda looked as gorgeous as you'd imagined in the dress you picked out, and Nat was dressed in an elegant, knee length, velvet dress in emerald green. Nat whistled when you strutted on in, pretending your entire body wasn't on display.

"Not cool Nat," you laughed. You would never admit how much you secretly loved it. You exuded sex and sweetness and confidence.

"You look sexy. Embrace it. When the boys see you they'll know you're the real deal." You raised your brow in question and she continued. "I mean, they already know you're the real deal, but knowing you're strong, independent and super sexy really shows them who's boss. They won't ever treat you like a little girl, they'll treat you like an equal. They don't get the subtleties so you've got to hit them right over the head with it." She looked down at her mirror and puckered her lips, checking her gloss. "Now lets go get some drinks ladies."

When you reached the bar Steve was behind it, grabbing a couple beers for himself and the soldier, who was toying with the remote at the television. He let out a low whistle as you approached.

"What's all this?" A smirk danced across his lips.

"Girls night in, Steve, we're making it a thing." You answered him, joining him behind the bar to mix yourself a Sangria while he made drinks for Wanda and Nat.

As the night went on you ended up lounging on couches, moving most of the liquor to the coffee table. Clint, Vision, Tony, Sam and Banner slowly trickled in to join you. Clint broke an uncharacteristic silence by turning to you.

"So...like...what do you do? Why did Tony sign you on (y/n)?" You smiled and emptied your wine glass before wrapping your hands around it and moulding it into a perfect sphere, tossing it across to him. Everyone leaned forward in their seats a little bit as you directed your attention to an empty chair. Ripping the molecules apart, it disintegrated, leaving a pile of material on the floor before you rebuilt it. You then proceeded to sink the floor under Steve's chair 6 feet and shatter the windows only to repair them and raise Steve level again. Everyone in the room held their breath.

"I can also do other things too...they're harder to control. I can control molecular structure. But I can also channel energies. Everything has energy in it, if I pull from things such as trees, or the sun it's easier than non living organisms. But basically the energy can be used to create heat or take it away from the object my focus is on. I'm like a converter." You poured yourself another glass of wine and held the outside with your hand. On command you made the alcohol boil, and then quickly froze it. After an awed silence, Banner spoke up.

"How does it work?" You shrugged.

"I don't really know. It's a part of me just as much as anything, but I don't fully understand it. And it's easy to control on inanimate objects. People are more complex." You inhaled and exhaled deeply. "There's a real fine between freezing someone's muscles and freezing all of their organs." You looked down at your hands, playing with them in your lap. The room was so dreadfully attentive. Tony cleared his throat and lounged back in his chair, snapping everyone out of their daze.

"This is all because of the mutant gene?" You nodded. Conversation resumed normally after that, Clint still clasping the balled up wine glass.

It was late before everybody started to clear out and you offered to do the cleanup. Your training was starting tomorrow, some busy work would be a welcome distraction from the familiar anxieties. The Winter Soldier stepped out from the shadows as you were clearing the coffee table. You gave him a comforting smile in response as he tucked his dark hair behind his ears, moving swiftly to help you load cups and plates into the dishwasher. You had just put the last wine glass into the top rack when he placed his hand over yours.

God he looks nervous.

"I'm sorry I never introduced myself." He glanced down at his hand on top of yours and quickly pulled away. "I'm Bucky." You gave him your warmest smile.

"It's nice to meet you, Bucky." You hadn't realized how ruggedly handsome he was until he was so close.