~18~

Bucky

Bucky

He simply couldn't sleep. He was positively buzzing with energy. It was like having lightening running through his veins. Not that he remembered much before he fell off that train, but somehow things felt different with you. There was so much tension and excitement but there was something else about it too. He felt like you had your hand wrapped right around his heart, and he loved it. You were so much more than a pretty face. You had a big heart, and you inspired him to be the best version of himself. 

He'd lost track of time the minute the two of you had hit the mattress, but he knew you'd been up late. You sat on the bed for a long time, nursing the bottle of wine, talking about everything under the moon. You'd shared secrets and so had he, and he loved the intimacy of your interactions. He loved the connection he had to you, how safe and calm he felt around you and how free he felt to be himself. 

Sure, he could be himself around Steve, too, but sometimes he failed to see Bucky as a new man. The man with the metal arm wasn't the same man that had died all those years ago, as much as he wished that was the truth. The truth was that he wasn't entirely sure who he was, but he knew that ___y/n___ made his heart beat right out his chest. 

It was a constant battle to figure out who he was and who he was becoming, and he was starting to see a light at the end of the jumbled memories and opinions. Maybe he didn't have to be who he used to be in any sense...maybe he could create this new person alongside the woman he loved. He smiled involuntarily at the thought.  

You shivered beside him, the pale morning light just beginning to filter through the window. He quickly and quietly moved to the window to close the heavier curtains and slid back under the covers, tucking the duvet up under your chin. He grabbed the shirt he'd discarded beside the bed, wrapping it around his metal arm before sliding close to you, pulling you against his warm body, sending shivers across his own skin.

He loved the way your delicate body felt under his fingertips. You'd fallen asleep on him what felt like ages ago, but he didn't mind. He's watched your face fill with peace as you slipped into sleep, running his human fingers through your hair often, soaking up every single detail of your face and body. He'd gradually fallen asleep, embracing your body tenderly. His heart swelled when he felt your hands caressing his cheek. He groaned deeply when he opened his eyes to see your perfect face hovering over his. He opened his mouth to speak when your lips brushed his, sending a flood of joy through his body. 

"I love you doll," he mumbled into your lips. You created space between you two, searching his eyes. His heart clenched. 

"I love you, Buck," you whispered sweetly, planting a kiss on his cheek. He felt it flush with heat as you pulled away, rolling out of the bed. He admired your figure as you walked to your closet, pulling on your athletic clothing before wandering back over to his side of the bed. You planted another kiss on his cheek, eliciting a throaty growl from him. 

"Where're you going sweet thing?" He put his hands on your hips, rolling you back over him onto the bed. You giggled, making him smile. It sounded like sunshine on a rainy day. It was music to his ears. He buried his face in the crook of your neck, leaving little kisses. 

"Bucky, I've got to go I'm gonna be late, Steve'll be waiting for me." He pulled away, disappointed but knowing you were right. You laid your hand on the side of his face. "You can stay here, sleep in a bit, I'll be back before you know I'm gone." He nodded, grabbing your hand and kissing the palm. It felt so small under in his large, calloused hand. 

You grabbed your hand wraps and started to wind it around, mindlessly staring at him as you did so. He didn't mind, but was all too aware of your gaze, his cheeks flushing. His eyes felt heavy and he couldn't keep them open anymore. He felt a light peck on his cheek before hearing the door open and close, slipping back into a blissful, dreamy sleep.