~11~

The next morning you woke with a start

The next morning you woke with a start. You could have sworn you'd fallen asleep on the couch. Sure, you'd had half the bottle of wine, but you hadn't thought you were that drunk. But maybe you had been, after all you were in your bed. You heard something that sounded like movement and peered over the corner of your bed to see the one and only Bucky Barnes curled up on the floor beside your bed. He shifted, and stretched, opening his eyes to look at your face hovering above his.

"Oh good lord I asked you to stay with me." Bucky nodded, a smile tugging at the corners of his perfect lips. "You carried me up here...and then you stayed on the floor because I asked you to stay..." You ran your hands over your face. "You know what everyone's going to think." He shrugged.

"I don't really care what they think." His voice was husky, the nights sleep revealing itself in his vocal chords. "That's the best sleep I've had in a while. Maybe I should sleep on the floor more often..." You leaned over and flung you arm at his chest, playfully.

"Yeah like that'll help you a lot." A knock on the door pulled you out of your daze. "It's open!" Nat opened the door, looking between the two of you with mild amusement.

"We have a briefing in a half hour, possible HYDRA activity. You'll both likely be joining us." She closed the door and you bit your lip in anticipation. 

"Did you hear that?" You whispered in excitement, your eyes widening. "This could be my first mission this is incredible...years ago I never imagined this is where I would be." Bucky rolled over onto his side and pushed himself up into a sitting position, hugging his knees. 

"You know, I told you everything there is to know about me," he paused tugging his bottom lip between his teeth. "When we get back I want to learn everything there is to know about you." He looked up at you, a genuine smile of curiosity on his face. It made your heart leap nearly out of your chest as you rolled out of your bed, walking over to the closet to pull a pair of track pants over your pyjama shorts. 

"Will I get a uniform too? Or am I supposed to figure out what to wear all by myself?" He chuckled admiring your baggy ROOTS sweats. They were the one thing you required when you came to live here, and you made a special trip to your old apartment solely for them. 

"Nah, they've got something for you." He rose to stand and made his was toward the door with you, turning around before opening it. "I'll have to train you with weapons when we get back too," he added, a nervous look flashing across his face. "Steve isn't fond of them, and I know you've got your mutant gene but..." Bucky took a deep breath, tearing his eyes from your face for a moment. "I'd feel better if you had a gun in your hands." You nodded. His tone was almost more serious than ever before. 

"Yeah, I get that. I'd like that, Buck." You gave him a small smile as you walked out of your room together.

"I'm going to change, I'll see you down there (y/n)." You watched him as he stepped into the elevator. 

*time lapse brought to you by a sneak attack from a Natasha Romanoff*

You entered the conference room hesitantly. Everyone else was all geared up and you felt naked in your lack of combat ready clothing. Crossing your arms over your chest, you took an empty seat beside Wanda. You were a little early, and you watched as everyone trickled in. Bucky took the seat across from you, flashing a smile which you returned. Steve wrapped his thick arm across your chest landing a friendly punch on your shoulder, before taking a seat next to Bucky. Tony was the last to appear.

"Fury told me to tell you he wishes he could make it, but he told me he just didn't want to make the trip. This is a stealth op. There was a HYDRA Information hub in the Amazon Rainforest in Colombia. We've discovered they're still channelling communications. We want to know who's communicating, and locations the communications are coming from so we can be rid of these sons of bitches for good. Cap, Bucky, Nat, Clint and (y/n), you'll be taking this one. Sam, you'll be providing air support. We don't expect it to be heavily fortified but be prepared." Just then Tony grabbed a box from a bag he'd been carrying and slid it across the table to you. 

"Suit up."