~6~

Bucky

Bucky

She was perfect. He could tell from the moment he saw her walk in the room on the very first night that there wasn't a flaw in her entire being. Of course there were flaws, but they just made her all the more beautiful to him.

He hid most of the time. The team wasn't comfortable with him yet, so he usually kept his mouth shut when they were around, but he saw his opportunity the second night when he introduced himself. Her smile was like golden honey and her deep (e/c) eyes looked like they could see right through him.

He knew he wasn't whole. His nightmares were as often as ever and his memory wasn't yet fully restored, but he and Steve were working on it. He'd be better soon, he knew it. His sense of humour was beginning to come back. He felt like he could laugh again, at least around Steve. And he felt safe reaching out to (y/n). It felt comfortable. This could be a beginning. Maybe he could manage to get close to a few other people and the others would come to see him as one of them. He knew it was a stretch. They only brought him along on missions for backup, in case. He'd stay in the Quinjet with Banner most times, though he knew Steve was advocating on his behalf.

He was starting to feel hopeful in all honesty. Things would get better. They were still bad but they were getting better. Even if it took him the rest of his life to recover he had a shred of hope that it wouldn't be like this for the rest of his life. He would be capable of loving again. And maybe he would even be loved one day.