Down The Rabbit Hole and Back Again

"Fighting Technique"

"Speech"

"Thoughts"

Flashbacks

'Recap'

3RD POV:

After the fight with the Corpse Crow, the next day, the Higurashi sisters are in the forest river trying to bathe. "You've gotta be kidding! Even if it is Feudal Japan... there's no hot baths?!" Kagome complains again as she stands in the river, naked and shivering from the cold water. Mizuyuri swims around, enjoying the water, not feeling the cold as she ducks under the water to wash her hair a little; she comes up again to hear Kagome sneeze and sit in the water. "Cold!"

"Kagome, Mizuyuri, don't force it. Come on out." Kaede tells them as she sits on the riverbank with a fire waiting for them; she seems to like Mizuyuri more than before, especially the more she gets to know her.

"No! We're all bloody and dirty. And I can't stand my filthy hair!" Kagome exclaims and gathers herself for a moment before plunging into the water. Kaede gives out a sigh, and Mizuyuri gets up from the water revealing her toned naked body, and shakes her head, getting the water out. Unknown to the three women, Inuyasha glances sideways but blushes, seeing the kitsune and looks away. Kaede keeps the fire going, and Mizuyuri strains the water out of her hair, now sitting in the water, and Kagome swims under the water. "The Sacred Jewel..."

OOOOOooooOOOOO

'Our names are Kagome and Mizuyuri Higurashi. We're just your average school kid and working teen, but, through some strange, weird situation, we've ended up here, in the Warring States era.' Kagome introduces.

"She's also become the target of demons, all after a Jewel in her body. This 'Jewel of Four Souls' belonged to some 'Kikyo' person... how did it end up in HER? Now we have to team up with another half-demon called Inuyasha, who wants the Sacred Jewel's power and who intends to keep the fragments for himself. Are we dreaming? But it's NOT a dream!" Mizuyuri completes the recap.

OOOOOooooOOOOO

The night before, after the Corpse Crow, inside Kaede's hut, they sit around the burning flames as Kagome holds up a fragment of the Sacred Jewel they had found inside the head of the Corpse Crow. "What's going on?!" Inuyasha snaps, looking at the trimmed piece.

"Stop barking, Inuyasha," Kaede orders him, glancing at him.

"What happened to the Jewel?!" He snaps again, getting a look from the fox half-demon.

"The arrow to which Kagome attached the crow's feet hit the Corpse Crow and destroyed it, but it also shattered the Sacred Jewel. In other words, fragments of the Sacred Jewel have been scattered throughout the world. Who knows whether there were one hundred fragments or a thousand. Should even one fragment fall into evil hands, however, the destruction will be incalculable." Kaede explains to the three.

"It wasn't my fault... was it?" Kagome mumbles. "I feel sort of responsible..."

"Kagome, Mizuyuri, Inuyasha... you must use your combined strength to gather the fragments and restore the Sacred Jewel!" Kaede tells them as they look at her in shock.

"Heh?" The sisters stutter as they look at the older woman.

"Listen up, old hag! I'm one of the 'evil-doers' looking for the Jewel!" Inuyasha reminds her.

"It cannot be helped..." Kaede sighs.

"But... we have to go home!" Kagome shouts inside her head and glances at her big sister.