The Soul Piper and the Mischievous Little Soul

Mizuyuri's POV:

I push Kagome up from the Dry Well, and she climbs out, and I hurl her backpack over and climb out after her. "Why do you have so much stuff!" I complain as she dusts herself off.

 "Why do you have so much stuff!" I complain as she dusts herself off

"We're back, Gramps. Is the bathwater hot? I have to hurry, or I'll be late!" She calls outs, ignoring me, and I hear a voice from outside that sounds oddly familiar.

"Is it so serious that she can't have visitors?" A boy asks from outside in the courtyard.

"That voice..." Kagome mumbles to herself, and I peek outside to see Gramps and a brunette around Kagome's age talking.

"Yes... Kagome is laid up in bed." Gramps tells him his news lie.

"I see. Err..." The boy replies with concern and holds up a blue present in his hand, "This is a hot compress for Kagome..." Gramps takes the gift greedily.

"Oh, you're so thoughtful, Hojo!" Gramps tears up and wipes his tears away. "My... I mean, her neuralgia will get much better with this." He tells him.

"I'll be going then," Hojo says his goodbye and Kagome joins me in peeking through the open door, watching her darling boyfriend leave.

OOOO

"Okay, take care." Gramps waves goodbye, and I slip out with Kagome and stand next to him. I can't help the smile on my face as I look at the angsty teen with her arms folded.

"Who has neuralgia?" Kagome questions and Gramps swings around facing us.

"Oh, Kagome! Be happy! You're supposed to be indisposed today, so you can miss school." Gramps tells her, and she clenches her fists, waving them exasperatedly.

"What are you saying?! I WANT to go to school desperately!" Kagome argues.

"You're a strange one," Gramps grumbles.

"Said no kid ever," I grumble along with him.

OOOO

I spent all day at the house, and I was rather bored, and in need of fresh air, so I found one of the many hats I never used to wear and stuffed my tail under my flowy top and headed out to the local playground.