I'll Be Your Princess part 2

PART TWO

--

One thing, though. It had to be at the right time.

Luke was so close to you. You could just turn your head a little to the left and...

"We need to sing! Sing with me!" Luke laughed suddenly, jumping up and pointing at the scene on the screen. It was the song the Fairy Godmother sang while preparing Cinderella for the ball. 

He started to sing along as loud as he could, making you double over in laughter.

Luke did it for a few more scenes, yelling that you 'had' to do something with him. He made you dance, and even sing. He was the exact definition of a little kid, his usual seriousness gone. 

You were surprised in how much you relate to every scene of the movie. The hopeless girl, without any chance of marrying the Prince. That was you, you realized. You and Luke. It was pathetic, and some of the confidence you had to kiss him washed away.

But you still needed to know one thing. 'Before you lose your nerve, you idiot.' Something hissed inside. 'Ask him now. NOW.' 

"Luke." You whispered, catching his attention. 

“There’s so many girls out there that would take you in a second, and you choose to be single…why?” You somewhat referred to yourself as the ‘girls’, but he didn't have to know that.

“Well...because, there’s someone else that I want. She doesn’t like me back, and I’m waiting.” Luke said.

Your heart sunk, finally realizing that you'd set your hopes way too high. He wanted someone else. You were just another fangirl, another person who could’nt have him.

You sucked in a huge breath, and look down at your feet so he wouldn’t see the tear threatening to escape.

Suddenly you felt his warm hand, lifting your chin back up to look at him. 

You didn’t even have time to think, and his lips were just, there.

Before you knew it, he was kissing you. You didn’t realize when you closed your eyes, or when you both ended up on the ground, limbs tangled. 

When he’s done, he pulled away, his cheeks red with embarrassment. You realized you didn’t need to make the move, after all. He’s already fallen for you. You wondered what would happen next…now that everything had changed.