Daddy Drama part 28

PART TWENTY EIGHT

---

<Flashback; age ten>

You and the boys were lying in the hot, baking sand of the beach. The sun was setting, and you were all exhausted from the day's work (Which included making sand castles and finding sea shells in the waves).

"Do your parents even know about me, Ashton, and Calum?" Michael leans over, adorning your stomach with more sea shells.

"Nah. If they know I'm running around with guys instead of girls, I'll be grounded," you say.

"I'm an exception!" Luke grins, his hand in the air. "I'm the neighbour's boy."

"Not fair." Ashton throws a fistful of sand at Luke, making him shriek. Luke sits up and shakes his head like a dog would, sprinkling sand everywhere.

"Stop!" You and Michael scream in unison. But Luke grabs a fistful of the stuff and starts to throw it around.

Calum gets on his feet, bear-tackling Luke. The commodity only causes more sand to kick up and into your mouth, sending you into a coughing fit. "Ewwww!!!" You scream, flopping on the ground like a fish.

Michael runs over and tackles you, but not in a violent sense. He plants a hand on each side of you and shields you with his body. He looks down at you, grinning from ear to ear. Your knight in shining- um. Spongebob swim shorts.

"Get off me," you blow a raspberry at Michael, rolling out under him with a giggle.

"Get off my daughter," your dad growls now.

"Well, she's the one on top of m-" Michael begins, but decides to shut up when he sees his firm expression. The two of you move off each other, and off the bed.

"Who are you?" Your father demands, observing his profile; from the dyed hair to the eyebrow piercing. He leans back on the doorway with a disapproving frown at Michael.

"Michael," He replies, rather sheepishly.

"Does Luke know about this?! How could you play around behind his back?" Your mother exclaims.

"Mom, Luke and I broke up."

"I thought you two would get married," She protests, making you sigh. "He takes such good care of you!" You always knew your parents worshipped Luke. But it's not that surprising, since Luke has always been their favourite, and showered him with compliments and a big red stamp of approval.

(Meanwhile, Michael gave off the worst first impression....ever.)

"Don't worry, Ma'am. Calum and I are taking good care of her, even without Luke," Michael comments, trying to sound confident.

"Who the hell is Calum?" Your dad cuts in.

Crap. You bite your lip, trying to decide what to call him. "Um, well, my...." Calum. What was he, anyway?

"Her boyfriend," Michael lies, and you shoot him a thankful look.

"Uh, yes. Calum's the man that helped me with....er...the baby."

"Then who are you?!" Your father points at Michael again.

"Michael's the man I love," you blurt.

The strangest feeling creeps over your body. What.Did.I.Just.Say? You slap your hands to your mouth, regretting every word. "I-I mean-"

But there's no point of trying to take it back.

It's so quiet you can swear you hear Michael's pulse accelerate beside you. His green eyes meet yours, burning with fear and confusion, and most of all....desire.

---

Yup, I'm back :D Okay, Question of this chapter: Do you think Y/N's actually in looooove?

I just realized that I wrote 'Amber' instead of 'Dawn' in the last chapter (what the hell was going on in my head?) Sorry for the confusion. It's fixed.