Chapter 4

Mal went to the library to find some inspiration for his art book. Art was like his calling as he looked for some books related to Gothic themes.

As he searched, he suddenly heard a familiar song, "Tale as old as time. True as it can be. Barely even friends, then somebody bends unexpectedly."

"That song..." Mal recognised in surprise.

It was that very same song he heard from his dream. He realised that someone was singing in the library. Could it be you? Singing in the library?

He began to follow your voice as he found you singing as you took out the return book from the bucket. He stared at you singing that song. He decided to listen your beautiful song. He never knew that he was under spell by your voice.

He only heard the first verses and didn't get a chance to hear the whole song.

He stood there listening the entire song.

"Ever just the same. Ever a surprise. Ever as before. Ever just as sure as the sun will rise."

Mal began to suddenly realise something about this very song. He tried to think what it was, but couldn't put a finger what it was called.

"Tale as old as time. Tune as old as song. Bittersweet and strange! Finding you can change. Learning you were wrong."

Mal never knew that you sang so beautifully. You sang very unique like Ariel, the Little Mermaid. He listened to the entire song as you began to sang the finale.

"Tale as old as time. Song as old as rhyme," You gave a pause as you closed your hazel eyes. With that, you opened them again as you finished, "Beauty and the Beast."

Beauty and the Beast. Mal became surprised as he found out that song you were singing was about your parents, King Beast and Queen Belle.

And then... he unconsciously clapped his hands, applauding you and your performance. You surprisingly heard someone applauding and turned around to see Mal.

"Oh! Mal! I didn't know you were there." You said as you didn't notice you received an audience with Mal while you were too busy singing.

"You got a beautiful voice." Mal complimented.

"Oh. Thanks."

"About that song, is this song about your parents?" he asked.

"Yes. I always keep singing this song. My mom taught me how to sing when I was little." You explained how you always remember that song. "Also, I asked her when did she first met my father, who was still cursed by the enchantress. She told me that my father may be cruel, but he's a very nice person. That's why she fell in love with him."

"Yeah. Talk about a romantic story." Mal agreed.

"Do you like it?"

"Yeah, I guess so."

You and Mal realised that you both were alone. Of course, this was the library. Too quiet for the moment.

"So how's your day?" You suddenly both asked each other together, much to your surprise.

"Oh!" You covered your mouth while Mal did the same.

Mal cleared his throat as he said, "You go first. Ladies first, right?"

You giggled as you smiled, "Since when you become such a gentleman?"

"Uh, I don't know when. Maybe whenever I'm with you, I guess?" Mal presumed.

You smiled as you asked, "How's your day?"

"Don't know. Kinda miss my old school." Mal answered.