Chapter 8

The big day has arrived. You're going to be Queen of Auradon. The very first Queen and youngest ruler of Auradon. You wore a beautiful yellow dress. Eville made that very beautiful dress just for you. To you, Eville was a great fashion designer and a great sense of fashion itself!

Also, Mal helped you with your hairstyle for the occasion. The very same hairstyle you had when you were with Mal at the library.

You kept quiet to yourself as you felt unhappy about what happened on Family Day while riding on a carriage with Mal. Mal noticed that you're feeling down and asked, "(Y/n)? What's wrong?"

"Just... remembering what happened about the other. Maybe King Hubert is right. I shouldn't make that proclamation in the first place..."

Mal began to comfort you and said, "Hey, don't blame yourself like that. I don't want a poor princess like you feeling sad in the middle of the big day. You're gonna be queen soon!"

"Mal..." You looked at Mal, wearing a purple formal wear as if he was your prince.

"Just be happy. All you have to do is sit there and look beautiful." he suggested.

You smiled and agreed with Mal, "You're right."

Mal sighed to himself as he realised that he needed to tell the truth right before he was about to steal the magic wand.

You decided to give something as you took off your necklace with an amber.

"Here, wear this. I got this special necklace on my sixteenth birthday." You gave it to Mal.

"Are you sure?" Mal asked.

You nodded and explained, "Think of it as a gift for the flowers."

Mal smiled as he accepted your gift. However, he frowned to himself and said, "(Y/n), I have something I need to tell you."

"Yes?" You asked.

And so, Mal put his courage and told you the truth. He actually made you cookies filled with love potion and he really did gave you a love potion all this time. Also, he was told by his father that he was about to steal the magic wand during the coronation.

"I'm sorry, (Y/n). All this time, I'm the real fake boyfriend to you." he apologized.

"It's okay. I'm glad you told me the truth and I knew you made a love potion."

Mal became shocked as he stared at you.

"Wait, you knew that I gave you a love potion?"

"Yeah, after I swam during our first date, I suddenly remembered I was under your spell." You explained about the magical lake you took him to the other day.

"So you still loved me despite you were once under my spell?"

You nodded and said, "I love you, Mal. No matter what other people think of you."

You both smiled as you both laughed.

Snow White, reporter of Auradon news, began to see you with Mal.

"There's Princess (Y/n) and her... Prince Purple Charming?" he said.

"Excuse me, Snow White." Eville began to confront the reporter.

"And who you might be? One of my fans?" he replied.

"Eville, son of the Evil King." Eville shook Snow White's hand.

"Oh my! This just in, I found myself a long-lost step-brother!" Snow White exclaimed a scandalous. "How's Stepfather? I hope I didn't mean to hurt his feelings just because I'm the fairest of them all."