Prologue: The Photo

~Recap of what happened during the events of Ask Meggy Anything~

Meggy: Mario and I have met each other back in 2017. We haven't met each other during childhoo...

Mario: Meggy! I have exciting news to tell you. I was just in the basement looking at pictures of me years ago, and look what I've found! (shows picture to her including Mario and Meggy laughing with each other as children)

Meggy (thoughts): Wow. I stand corrected.

Meggy: That... that's me. With you.

Mario: I can't believe we knew each other since childhood.

Meggy: That's amazing. We gotta tell everyone about this.

-Time skip-

Meggy: Ugh. I can't sleep, Mario. I'm just way too concerned about finding out that we were friends back when we were children.

Mario: Well, I can't sleep either. Someone has to know about this picture and everything outside of this picture related to it.

Meggy: Well, no matter what happens, we will know soon. Don't you worry about a thing.

Mario: I guess you're right, Meggy. Now let's have some sleep. Good night Meggy.

Meggy: Good night, Mario.

~Recap end~

A few days later...

Mario and Meggy couldn't stop staring at that picture of something they knew nothing about until just recently.

Meggy: There has to be someone who knows about this.

Mario then got a call from Luigi.

Luigi (phone): Mario. Could you and Meggy come over to the castle? And bring the childhood picture of you two.

Mario: Sure, Luigi. See you there.

Mario and Meggy arrived at the castle as they went inside and saw all of their friends there. Luigi was on the top of the stairs.

Luigi: Have a seat, you two.

Mario and Meggy took a seat as everyone else was concerned.

Luigi: As you may know, we recently found out that these two (pointing at Mario and Meggy) were childhood friends.

Bob: I dOn'T bElIeVe It'S rEaL. wE nEeD tO sEe SoMe PiCtUrE eViDeNcE, gOdDaMnIt.

Luigi: Mario, could you hand me that picture, please?

Mario: Okie-dokie.

As Luigi is handed the picture, he brings out a projector and projects the picture on the wall. Everyone gasped when they saw the picture.

SMG4: My god. It is true!

Luigi: And for those of you wondering why I'm leading this "presentation", well, I am the only person who knew that Mario and Meggy were friends many years ago.

Mario: You knew?! Why didn't you tell me about this?!

Luigi: It needed some time.

Meggy: Tell all of us, especially me and Mario, everything, Luigi. It's time we all should know.

Luigi: Alright everyone. Grab some popcorn. Because it's time for the rather long story of Mario and Meggy's childhood friendship.

Every chapter after this except for the final one will be the whole story Luigi will be telling. He won't be narrating anything at all through the story, though.

This is something that I recently put in my head. I hope that an origin story about Mario and Meggy's friendship would be great for all of you. I'll see you in the next chapter.