Chapter 7: Hello, Desti

It's been a couple of months since Meggy's birthday, and since then, she got much more friends. Mario, though, is still the best friend of hers.

They were together more frequently ever since they started to become best friends forever.

One day, Meggy was at the park all alone, when another kid walked up to her. She was also from her class which was given her loneliness on the first day. It was Desti.

Desti: I know you. You used to be the kid who was lonely until that place was given to me.

Meggy: I know who you are, but what is your name again?

Desti: My name is Desti. The girl who didn't have any guests on her birthday party.

Meggy: I didn't have anybody at my party as well, but later, the other kids were feeling bad for me and went to my party.

Desti: Nobody came to my party, even hours into it. I don't think time is the reason you suddenly got more guests at your party. Somebody helped you out. Possibly your very first friend ever since the first day. That's right. I saw.

Meggy: That's Mario you're talking about.

Desti: Wait. You look like you come from my home place.

Meggy: You look like you're from my home too. If it's Inkopolis, then you don't look like most of the people there.

Desti: Yes. I do come from Inkopolis. I know about you Inklings, but I... am an Octoling.

Meggy: My mother told me to avoid you people for years.

Desti: Well, being alone makes me very mad, and I blame you for that.

Mario walked to the park as this was happening, and he saw that Meggy is being pushed around by Desti.

Desti: You are the worst person I have ever met. You stole the attention I deserve. You are now my mortal enemy, and you have ruined my chances at a good life at school.

Desti then picked up Meggy, threw her, and walked away. Meggy then started to cry, as Mario quickly noticed and ran to her.

Mario: What's wrong, Meggy?

Meggy couldn't get her words out as she thought she was hurt bad.

Mario: Oh no. Are you hurt?

Meggy: Y-y-yes.

Mario: Well, I gotta get you home so you can be safe.

Mario picked her up and ran to her house with her in his arms, as he opened the door.

Mario: Meggy got hurt!

Eddie and Mabel quickly went over to her and checked where she got hurt and who caused this. Meggy still couldn't get her words out.

After a few minutes, she can finally speak after calming down.

Meggy: I... know what happened. I was playing in the park, until one kid came around and was angry at me. Her name was Desti, who was the Octoling that was left alone after I was on the first day. Like I said, she was very angry at me. She said I stole the attention she deserved, and then she picked me up and threw me. Mario then came around and helped me.

Mabel: That's awful.

Eddie: Well, we're gonna sort things out while you rest and heal up.

Mario: You mind if I stay here for a while? I feel bad for her as well, and I think her best friend being here will make things better.

Mabel: You can stay, Mario.

Mario: Thanks.

He then looked at Meggy.

Mario: Meggy. I'm so sorry for just leaving you with that monster.

Meggy: Don't be sorry, Mario. I never knew she'd come to me in the first place.

Mario: Well, no matter what happens, I'll make sure you won't get hurt again... best friend.

Meggy: Thanks, Mario. You're a great friend.

Meggy had to be laid off of school the next day so she can recover from that unexpected attack from Desti, but Mario will soon get revenge.

Present Day

Mario: My god. So many terrible things happened to you back then.

Meggy: Yeah. So far, you were the best thing about my past life.

Just then, an ink bomb came and was about to hit Meggy, but Mario stepped in.

Mario: Meggy, look out!

He took the blow, as they all found out that bomb came from Desti.

Everyone's eyes were on Desti as she came in, and they all were mad at her because of what happened.

Meggy walked up to her and picked her up.

Desti: What are you doing, Meggy?

Meggy: Something that you did to me back in kindergarten.

Desti: You... finally know?

Meggy: That's right.

She then threw Desti at the others.

Desti: There is another event you don't know about. I already got my comeuppance years ago.

Meggy: I don't care. Everyone else. You take care of Desti while I see what happened to Mario.

Everyone then started to beat Desti up, as she ran over to Mario.

Meggy: Mario. Are you okay?

Mario: *cough* *cough* Yes I am, Meggy.

Meggy: You lived up to your promise years ago. You made sure that I wouldn't get hurt again, and you took the bomb blast instead of me.

Mario: So I really am a great friend to you back then.

They then kissed each other as Desti was still getting beaten up.

Luigi: How about we stop beating her up now. We still have over 10 years of history left to tell.

SMG4: Yeah. We'll leave you alone for now. We'll never forget what you did. Leave right now.

Desti ran away as Luigi continued the story.

Desti really is a terrible person. Don't you think so too?

The next chapter will skip to them being in 2nd grade, both being 8 years old. It'll be a big school event, so stay tuned for what'll be up next.

Anyways, I'll see you later.