Chapter 6: "Happy" Birthday

After 5 months at kindergarten, Mario and Meggy are halfway there and are doing fine.

Mario got less questions wrong, while Meggy, after being lonely on the first day, got a few more friends. They were both happy.

But when it comes to outside of school, one event will make that a whole different story.

In just a couple of days, it will be Meggy's birthday, and she gave all of her friends an invitation to the party.

She didn't think this through well, as a more familiar kid is having a party on the same day.

The day of her party came, and she and Mario were on the bus riding home. Her party wasn't for another half-hour.

Meggy: This is gonna be so fun.

Mario: It sure will be exciting, huh, Meggy.

The bus arrived at Mario's house.

Mario: I might not be at your party once it starts. I still need time to get my present ready.

Meggy: That's okay, Mario. See you later.

Mario: Bye, Meggy.

Mario went into his house and told Toadsworth about Meggy's birthday party.

Toadsworth: I'm sure it'll sound like fun. So you got your present ready?

Mario: Yes I do.

Mario held a small box with a tag saying "To: Meggy. From: Mario".

Toadsworth: You have yours, Luigi?

Luigi: Yes.

Luigi held up his gift.

Toadsworth: Now all we have to do is wait.

Toadsworth fell asleep while he was waiting.

About an hour later, Mario and Luigi then noticed the time and quickly woke Toadsworth up.

Toadsworth: What... do you two... want?

Luigi: Meggy's party started 30 minutes ago.

Toadsworth: Oh my. Well, let's go then. I'll walk you two there.

Just before Mario, Luigi, and Toadsworth arrived at the house, Toadsworth noticed they forgot something.

Toadsworth: Where are your presents?

As they went back to the house to get the presents, Meggy was sitting inside her house, with nobody else around.

Mario, Luigi, and Toadsworth arrived at the party, presents and all, as they knocked on the door, and Eddie answered it.

Eddie: Looks like you're here for the party.

Toadsworth: Yes they are. My kids each brought a gift for little Meggy.

Eddie: Alright. You two have a seat beside Meggy over there.

Toadsworth: I'm giving you this camera for a while, Eddie. You give me the tapes after. And kids, I'll pick you two up when the party ends. Okay?

Luigi: Got it, dad.

Mario: Okay.

As Toadsworth went back to his house to turn Mario's cap camera back on, Mario and Luigi walked over to Meggy and noticed nobody else was here.

Meggy: Oh. Hey guys. I'm glad you came.

Luigi: It seems that nobody else was invited?

Meggy: I sent them all invitations. Maybe they're running late.