Chapter 2: The Parents Meeting

Toadsworth invited a couple of parents in the neighbourhood over to his house for a bite to eat along with telling them that Mario made a new friend.

They were the parents of other familiar characters, like SMG1 and SMG2 (mother and father of SMG4) and Fishy Boopkins' dad, Octoman (who was much shorter back then).

Toadsworth: You'll never believe what little Mario has done today.

Toadsworth brings out the TV and puts the tape he recorded into the player. It showed Mario and Meggy meeting and befriending each other.

SMG2: Wow. That nut-for-brains managed to find himself a friend. That's amazing.

SMG1: That looks like the kid from the family that just moved into the neighbourhood just a few days ago.

Toadsworth: I have an idea. How about we invite the family over just to introduce ourselves.

Octoman gave a thumbs up to agree to the idea.

SMG2: That sounds like a great idea.

Toadsworth: I'll be bringing the new neighbours over while you stay there and make yourselves comfy.

Toadsworth went over to the new neighbours' house while Luigi and Mario stumbled upon the guests.

Luigi: Uh... hello.

Mario: My ears can recognize my name.

SMG1: Hey Mario. Your dad told us about you. Even though you're not that smart, you're being a great kid.

Mario: Aww, thanks.

Luigi: What about me?

SMG2: Eh, you're not that special.

Luigi: Huh?

SMG2: Kidding. All kids are special.

Luigi: That's better. (giggles)

Toadsworth knocked on the neighbours' door as 2 people opened the door and he introduced himself.

Toadsworth: Hello there. I am your new neighbour, Toadsworth. I would love to introduce your family to the neighbourhood.

The 2 people who opened the door were Meggy's father and mother, Eddie and Mabel. They were both Inklings as well.

Eddie: I would love to meet our neighbours.

Mabel: Meggy. Time to go out and introduce ourselves to the rest of the neighbourhood.

Meggy: Okay. I'll be right there.

A few minutes later...

Toadsworth returned to the house along with Eddie, Mabel, and Meggy. Eddie was shocked at seeing Octoman, who didn't want people shaming his appearance and got angry.

Toadsworth: Calm down, Octoman. This family is new to the neighbourhood.

As Octoman calmed down, the new family introduced themselves to the neighbours.

Meggy thought she didn't have a purpose here, until she saw Mario from a distance.

Meggy (thoughts): It's that boy from the park yesterday, Mario.

After everyone was introduced, Meggy wanted to play with Mario.

Meggy: Can I go play with Mario for a while, mommy?

Mabel: Of course you can.

As Meggy walked to Mario, her parents were talking about how great she's been.

Mabel: I saw what happened at the park with Meggy and that Mario over there yesterday.

Eddie: We haven't been here for a whole week, and already our little Meggy has made a friend here.

Toadsworth: Well, Mario's on the little stupid side of things when it comes to his IQ. Trying to take care of that little rascal is quite a chore, but I'll always make sure he's safe.

Mabel: Taking care of Mario is quite an adventure because of his stupidity, am I right?

All parents were laughing because of that joke. While they were having their discussion about their children, Meggy  walked over to Mario wanting to play with him.

Meggy: Hi, Mario.

Mario: Meggy?

Luigi: What are you doing here?

Meggy: I was kinda dragged here so I can get introduced to the rest of the neighbourhood. You wanna play?

Mario: Well, sure Meggy.

Luigi: Fun is better with more people joining in.

Mario, Luigi, and Meggy were having fun, running around the house, and playing with things.

Toadsworth: This I got to record.

He takes out the video recorder again and records the 3 kids running around the house and having fun.

SMG2: You seem to be obsessed about recording every moment in this new friendship.

Toadsworth: This friendship just seems that amusing to me that I want to record these moments.

SMG2: Well, whatever floats your boat, I guess.

1 hour later...

Eddie: Well. Best we'd head back to our house.

Toadsworth: Okay. I'll see you later.

Mabel: Meggy. Time to go back home.

Meggy: Aww. I wanted to play with Mario some more.

Mabel: Don't worry, sweetie. We'll see Mario again soon.

Meggy: Okay, mom. Goodbye Mario. Hope I'll see you again soon.

Mario: Goodbye Meggy. See you soon.

Luigi: Bye.

As Meggy's family left, the other parents were about to leave as well.

After everybody except for Mario, Luigi, and Toadsworth left, they went back to usual business.

Present Day

Luigi: After 2 visits, Mario and Meggy were being good friends to each other, and everything that'll happen next will go better and better.

Fishy Boopkins: My dad was there?!

SMG4: My parents were there?!

Luigi: Everybody stop asking questions about parents, and let's continue.

One more chapter featuring Mario and Meggy as 3-year-olds remains. And then after that, we're skipping to school. Tell me what you think of this story so far in the comments. See you next chapter.