Chapter 10: Love

Credit to Marioxspetti for the image.

Mario and Meggy have still been best friends after all these years. They have been friends ever since they were 3 years old, and now they're 17 years old and just finished 11th grade.

They were together almost every day of their lives, and there's nobody to interfere with them. However, Meggy has gone back to Inkopolis to train for the Splatfest sport for the Summer. It seemed to interest her that she wanted to train right now.

Summer is almost over, and Meggy finally came back. Sooner or later, she and Mario will be more than friends.

It was nighttime, and Meggy was sitting in her room, exhausted from all the training she's done. She then got a call from Mario and picked up her phone.

Meggy: Hey, Mario. I haven't seen you for months.

Mario: I missed you, Meggy. Well, there's something I need to tell you, in person. Come over to the park so nobody would be around.

Meggy: Well, sure Mario. I'll be there in a few minutes. I'll meet you there.

Mario, on the other line, hung up and got ready to go outside.

Mario: I'm gonna go out and take a walk. See you later, dad.

Luigi: Can I come with you?

Mario: Eh... I kinda need to go walk alone, if you catch my drift.

Luigi: Well, I'll see you later.

Just as Mario left, Toadsworth immediately turned on the cap camera, thinking that Mario is lying. Luigi spied on Toadsworth to see what he, and Mario is doing.

Mario walked to the park and saw Meggy there waiting for him on a bench.

Meggy: So, Mario. What's going on there?

Mario took a little bit of time to say what he's about to say.

Mario: Well... Meggy. We have been friends for almost 15 years. We have grown together, we always did things for each other, and you even made friendship bracelets for us. Well, what I'm trying to say is...

Mario is very nervous about telling her something important.

Mario: ...I'm in love with you, Meggy.

Meggy, along with Toadsworth and Luigi watching, was pretty surprised about that. But she has feelings for him as well.

Mario: It might not be a good thing to you or possibly anyone else around us, but...

Meggy: It's okay, Mario. I have feelings for you too.

Mario: You... you really think so?

Meggy: Of course I do. You are the nicest person I have ever met.

Mario: You too, Meggy.

Mario and Meggy hugged each other, both feeling very happy.

Mario: So... would a date be good?

Meggy: Not only are you very nice, but you're so cute that I couldn't say no to you. Of course I'll go on a date with you.

Mario: Alright. Then it's a date.

As Mario and Meggy left the park, Toadsworth was very stunned, and then got angry.

Toadsworth: No, no, no! I had a person planned to fall in love with Mario.

He had a certain soon-to-be princess in his mind.

Toadsworth: That's it. If I don't do anything soon, then my planned future for him would be ruined. I gotta break these two up. But how?

Luigi saw what happened and went to Mario when he came home. He went to a room where Toadsworth isn't here.

Luigi: Mario. Take that hat off.

Mario: Hey. What the f*ck?!

Luigi put the cap inside a bucket so the conversation couldn't be heard.

Luigi: Let me tell you this. Ever since you and Meggy became friends, dad put a secret camera inside your cap and followed your every move. He thinks you might not be smart enough to handle a friendship.

Mario: Oh my god. You...

Luigi: And he's gonna make you and Meggy break up.

Mario: Let me finish. You expect me to believe that. One, dad wouldn't do this because he treats me like a good person, and two, Meggy and I will be a great couple together. He will never break that up. You're full of shit, Luigi.

Luigi: But Mario, you gotta listen to me.

Mario: I don't care!

Mario slammed the door on Luigi not believing in his words, unaware of what's going to happen.

Present Day

Meggy: Maybe Toadsworth is the reason we didn't remember any piece of our old friendship until now.

Mario: He thinks I'm not able for love, or even a friendship? I do great with everything.

Everyone except Meggy looked at Mario with a "really?" look on each of their faces.

Mario then remembered that he failed at many things.

Mario: Never... mind.

Meggy: Well, you treat me better than you treat everyone else, and that's all that matters.

Mario: Well... thanks for that, Meggy. You always make me happy.

Only 2 chapters remain, and the next one will be the end of the old friendship. Those chapters will come out soon. So like "The Secret Couple", there are 12 main chapters in the story. I'm guessing that will be the usual number of main chapters for stories I make.

So I'll see you later.