Chapter 9: Revenge on Desti

Mario and Meggy are now both ten years old. They grew more and more as friends over the years. They started to hang out more often, Toadsworth secretly still made tapes, and they are both in the 5th grade.

Desti was still alone even after being in school for 5 years, and she's still mad at Meggy because of all the attention and friends she gets, and she kept bullying her because of that. One day, that will soon change.

It was recess time, and Mario and Meggy were just sitting together talking to each other, until Desti came along.

Meggy: Desti, leave us alone.

Desti: Just how did you get more friends, Meggy? Maybe it's because of this person right beside you.

Mario: Now isn't the time for...

Desti grabbed Mario by the arm.

Desti: Those friends should've been mine.

Before she got close to beating him, Meggy stopped her.

Both of them are now in a struggle, and Mario tried to stop it in an unexpected way. By picking up Desti.

Mario: This is for throwing Meggy on the ground years ago.

Mario threw Desti on the ground hard.

Desti: You... shouldn't have... done that.

Desti went into Octo form and went into the school, surprising everyone in the process.

Desti: In just a few minutes, you two will possibly never see each other again.

When Mario and Meggy went back in, they are greeted with this announcement.

Intercom: Could Mario and Meggy report to the principal's office, please?

Mario (thoughts): Oh no. This is all my fault.

They went to the office and saw the principal, with Desti and her evil look beside him.

Principal: Care to explain what happened, Desti?

Desti faked being sad and crying.

Desti: That kid over there (pointed at Mario) threw me on the ground and hurt me.

Principal: Is that true, Mario?

Mario had a very nervous look on his face, thinking he might get detention, or worse, suspended. Before he could say a word, Meggy stepped in and helped him.

Meggy: Mario didn't do it. I did.

She lied so Mario could get out scott-free.

Mario (thoughts): Is she doing this... for me?

Meggy: I did this as revenge to her because she did more bad things to me. She hit me a bunch of times, did the same to Mario, and made my life worse.

Principal: Is that tr...

Desti: She's lying. I didn't do any of that stuff to her.

Meggy: One time she hurt me in the stomach hard and it still hurts a little to this day.

Principal: Well... I'll think about what to do with Desti. But, sadly, as for you, Meggy, you get detention for the rest of the day.

Meggy: It's okay. I understand.

Desti then had a fit about this.

Desti: Are you kissing me?! None of what she said was true. I swear.

Principal: You can leave, you two.

Desti; I can't believe this! I will have my revenge soon.

Mario: You lied for me so I can get out of detention?

Meggy: Well, friends do nice things for each other, and I don't want you to get in trouble, so I came and helped you when you needed it. I added in those things about being abused by Desti for a long time, so I guess we won't be seeing her again.

Mario: Thank you, Meggy. You're a great friend.

Meggy: Not just a great friend. We're best friends, and we always stick together.

Mario: Except for today, because you have detention, so I guess I'll see you after school.

Meggy: See you later, Mario.

A day later, Mario and Meggy got the news that Desti and her family moved back to Inkopolis for what she did. They were both happy that she's gone.

Present Day

Mario: So I guess that was the last we ever saw of Desti before "meeting up" with her while training. Whatever you wanna call that day.

Meggy: Well, I hate her more for bullying me during childhood.

Mario: And what you did for me so I can avoid trouble was a great thing you did.

Mario pulled Meggy in for a kiss, and everyone was like "aww" until they finished.

Mario: Thank you, Meggy.

Meggy: Thank you too for those kind words, Mario.

You noticed I did some time skips. Well, I've already said I'm focusing on the important events throughout their friendship. So maybe expect another time skip in the next chapter. See you soon.