Chapter 11: Giving this Friendship the Boot

Later that night, Toadsworth went to Mario's room with a glass of water and a pill.

Toadsworth: I think you might be sick. Here. Take this pill with a glass of water and it'll cure you right up.

Mario: Oh. I better get well soon. I need to be healthy for my date with Meggy.

Toadsworth: Yes... you better.

Toadsworth had an evil look on his face while he said that.

Mario: Huh?

Toadsworth: Just take your pill.

Mario took the pill and immediately got knocked out. The pill Toadsworth gave Mario knocks people unconscious for 12 hours.

Toadsworth picked Mario up and took him to a place where it clears something from a person's mind.

Even though it was expensive for him, after a few hours...

he finally did it.

Meggy has been completely wiped from Mario's mind.

The next day, Mario woke up and did his usual morning routine. Eat spaghetti.

Luigi woke before Mario because of how long that pill lasted.

Luigi: Finally, you're up, Mario. So are you ready for your...

Toadsworth immediately covered Luigi's mouth as to what he's about to say.

Toadsworth: Ignore that, Mario. Luigi just says weird, unimportant stuff sometimes. Anyways, have your spaghetti and get prepared because your final year at school starts in a few days.

Mario: Okie-dokie.

Luigi went to a different room with Toadsworth to get him to explain what happened.

Luigi: What did you do, dad?!

Toadsworth (quickly): I erased Meggy from Mario's mind. He isn't prepared for love and he's ruining my arranged couple.

Luigi: And who exactly are you talking about?

Toadsworth: There's something I need to tell you. Those times I went out of the house? Those were times I got to raise another kid named Peach. I knew Mario had to be with her.

Luigi: Instead of someone he actually likes?!

Toadsworth: Taking care of a retarded kid is torture to me. So this will be my revenge after the many years of the yells for spaghetti.

Just then, they heard a knock on the door. It was Meggy.

Toadsworth: Son of a bitch! *sigh* Time for Phase 2 of my plan.

Luigi: Plan?!

Toadsworth: Mario. Keep quiet. Go up to your room. Child Protective Services.

Mario: Fine.

As Mario went up to his room, Toadsworth opened the door.

Meggy: Hi, Mr. Toadsworth. I just wanna see if Mario is ready for our date.

Toadsworth thought up a lie and then went into silence for a few seconds.

Toadsworth: Oh, Meggy. You haven't heard.

Meggy: What is it?

Toadsworth: Mario... has passed away.

This devastated Meggy and caused her to cry and run to her house.

Toadsworth: Oh. I can't stand seeing her this way... but I like it anyways.

Luigi: You... monster.

Toadsworth: That's revenge to Mario for all the tantrums over the years. I remove the greatest thing of his life from his head. Now on the the next step in Phase 2, after my coffee break of course.

After he had his coffee, he got started on trying to move Meggy's family out of the neighbourhood, but was shocked to see they're moving out themselves.

Toadsworth: Wow. Surprised to see them do my job.

Meggy suggested that moving back to Inkopolis might make her less sad. Her parents agreed and started to move out.

Toadsworth: Well, I'm off to do the final step in this phase.

Because he didn't know the locations to Inkopolis, he secretly hopped in the trunk and kept quiet for the entire car ride back to Inkopolis. He also brought some oxygen with him just because he needs some air for the trip, and a paint can for what he's going to do to Meggy.

After many hours, he quickly got out of the trunk and hid in a bush beside their real home.

Toadsworth: You know what? Since I feel a little bad for doing this, I'll leave her alone for a week. I think she needs to get back to her happy, possibly competitive self before I can strike.

He then called the house and said Luigi was in charge while he was gone.

1 week later...

Meggy has been doing a little fine. She has been training for Splatfests nonstop and she thinks it's fun and a great way to keep Mario out of her head.

All of a sudden, she got scared by Toadsworth as he stuffed her into an orange paint can and sealed it shut. In this world, being stuck in paint causes you to forget a few things, including Mario, and age much more slowly.

Toadsworth: It is finally done. Now Mario will be safe. (pause) I-I-I mean screw you, Mario.

It was a long journey, but Toadsworth hitchhiked back home, paint can in hand, and got a few rides along the way.

Toadsworth: Wait a minute. What about Meggy's parents?

He though about this for a while.

Toadsworth: Eh, they'll be fine.

What did happen to Meggy's parents? Well, they noticed that Meggy has gone missing and decides to find her, but they got captured by Octolings while finding for her, and they're still stuck in there ever since.

Toadsworth arrived back home and took care of some unfinished business.

Toadsworth: It's time to forget that this friendship ever existed.

He got up to the attic and went to the box containing tapes and pictures of Mario and Meggy, along with their friendship bracelets. He then noticed the box was gone.

Luigi didn't want Toadsworth to deal more damage on Mario and Meggy's great friendship, so he kept the box in his room and kept Toadsworth away from it.

After all that complicated chain of events, Mario and Meggy's childhood friendship, and Meggy's existence in the normal world, was over.

While Toadsworth was gone, Mario started 12th grade and met Peach. They both became friends and were together at the prom. Mario, Luigi, and Peach moved out of the house together and went a man-made house in the Mushroom Kingdom, and Luigi still kept that box safe, secure, and a secret from everyone. A few years after finishing school, Peach got kidnapped by Bowser, and Mario and Luigi's entire adventures in the Mushroom Kingdom began. During all of those adventures, they met SMG4, and the rest is now history. Every single misadventure of SMG4 and the Mario Brothers have happened. They went to different worlds, met many colourful characters, and had 6 Wars of the Fat Italians. But it all changed on July 15, 2017, where Mario and Meggy met again after all these years, and here we are now.

The final chapter, which details Luigi ending the story, will come out soon. Don't worry. Toadsworth will get his comeuppance. See you in the final chapter! Are you excited?