↝1↜

So I got this story from Ao3 it's called Black coffee,  Enjoy <3

Eddies point of view

I remembers the day I saw Richie. It was a school day, and not like any other day. Richie walked into my English class, late. I recollected how his dark brown curls fell onto his forehead. How his lips were so plump, and smooth. Not to forget his beautiful freckles that were perfectly placed onto his clear skin. Mrs. Brown, my teacher who was a total bitch, introduced him to the class. He shrugged plainly, as she point directly at me. My eyes widened in shock as he took a seat next to me, throwing his book onto the table with a loud bang; then kicking his bag under the table.

"I'd hope you all welcome Richie Tozier!" Mrs. Brown instructed sternly as she walked back to blackboard. 

"Psst" Beverly, also known as Bev, whispered over to me, she shot me a sympathetic look as I sent her a reassuring one. She fixed her ginger locks, as she turned back to listen to the teacher. 

English went by fast, it consisted of the teacher talking about a stupid essay that would be done in pairs. For the first time I found myself not listening but instead, I couldn't help but feel Richie's eyes burn into me. As if he was analyzing every inch of me. Would it be bad to say I wasn't completely repulsed by it, I mean I was slightly uncomfortable. I would look over and we'd make eye contact, I felt his dark brown eyes pierce into mine.

As quick as I could, I packed my school belongings and raced out of the classroom. Bev followed after me as I stopped at my locker. Her face full of confusion and worry.

"Are you okay?" She questioned me as I shoved books into my bag for next period.

I nodded my head, "I'm great, just don't wanna miss lunch." I lied, before slamming the small locker.

"I'm gonna go take a smoke, see you out there?" Bev pointed to the square shape in her jean shorts. I nodded as she walked off, I let out a deep breathe before walking down the long hallways.

I exited the doors of the school, making my way to the small tables my best friends and I always sat at. They were my only friends actually but they were important to me. We have Bill Denbrough, the leader of the group. He somehow always kept our friend group together, always able to stop stupid fights. Next we have Stanley Uris, the only jew of our high school, it just meant he was easiest to attack; but he's a good person, he wouldn't harm a fly. Next is Ben Hanscom, one of the normal people in our group. He wasn't a hot, thin teen but he was a good guy. Then we have Beverly Marsh, shes the only girl of our group, sweet but deep down a badass. Mike Hanlon was also apart of our group, he's the only black person in the entire school; but that doesn't change how good of a person he truly is. And lastly there was me, the short and scared person of the group. I questioned myself everyday, feared anything and was always "sick". 

"Is th-th-hat Bev with the n-new kid?" Bill stuttered, as he nodded towards the Bev and Richie. They were giggling and smoking those disgusting cancer sticks. I felt jealousy wash over me as I scowled.

"Yeah, he's in most of my classes." I muttered, as opened up my tin lunchbox.

"Well, if Bev likes him he cant be too bad!" Stan shrugged as he took bite out of his apple

"Bev likes anyone with cigarettes.." I rolled my eyes, as I unwrapped my bread roll.  

"A-Are yo-you okay E-Eds?" Bill narrowed his eyes in wonder.

I shook my head, "I- uh, I'll be back, let me throw my trash in the trashcan." I fumbled my words as I stood up. 

I walked up to trashcan, throwing my rubbish into it. I felt the presence of  a person close to me, I whipped around and came face to face with Richie. I stepped back a little and shot him a smile. His facial expression didn't change but his eyes did, they had the look of excitement in them.

"Hi Eddie." He spoke, his voice rough and raspy.

"H-Hi," I choked out, my voice croaky and cracking like a 12 year old. Which is weird, because I'm 17 years old.

"You seem nervous ol' chap." Richie faked an English accent, a horrible one if I'm honest.

"I-I' not, anyway, what do you want?" I scoffed as I adjusted my yellow top.

"Chill Eddie. I just wanted to ask about that English essay we have to work on together?" He explained as he walked over to the bin, leaning on to it.

"I get it," I huffed, "I'll do it all and put your name on it."

Richie furrowed his eyebrows in annoyance, "That's not what I meant," He paused, "I wanted to know if you'd want to come to mine to do it?"

I felt immediate guilt as I beamed at him, "Sorry, and okay. Meet me at the entrance and we'll sort something out." 

He nodded, before he mumbled, "See ya then Eddie." I let out a sigh as walked back to my table, oh boy.