↝6↜

The two teens rode their bikes to Richie’s house. When they finally arrived it was a good size house and was kept pretty clean. Eddie followed him and was amazed at how clean it was. He didn’t see Richie as the organized type; but he wouldn’t tell him that. As they entered his sitting room, Richie planted himself on the seat and patted the space next to him. Eddie gladly accepted the seat offer and found himself in a long conversation with Richie.

”listen to me my dear Eddie spaghetti, you see the thing about school is...I don't care about it.” Richie explained as he stretched his long body.

”But it's school, you kinda have to care,” Eddie furrowed his brows at the curly haired boy.

Richie shook his head jokingly, “That’s what you think, but the reality is we won’t go anywhere after school. We’ll just be leaching off of our parents until we find a substantial job.”

Eddie raised a brow, “I mean on some level you’re right, but if you work hard enough you’ll get to the places you want.” Richie nodded in slight agreement.

“You’re something else Eds,” Richie commented abruptly causing Eddie to turn towards him.

“What do you mean by that?” Eddie queried.

“You’re my spaghetti, Eddie Spaghetti,” Richie winked causing Eddie to roll his eyes.

Eddie huffed, ”how did you have any friends in your old school?” he shook his head.

Richie felt his eyes well up, remembering he didn't have anyone back there. Eddie realized Richie hadn’t made any cheesy joke or even spoke a word and looked over at him. He saw the tears in his eyes and felt his heart drop to his stomach.

“I- uh didn’t have any friends,” richie admitted awkwardly, criss crossing his legs.

“I’m sorry Rich,” Eddie apologized, “Can I ask why?”

Richie narrowed his eyes in perplexity, “what do you mean ask why?”

Why didn’t you have any friends?” Eddie asked as he scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.

A deep sigh escaped richies plump lips as he rested his head on his hand, “I was different to the other students.”

“By different, how?” Eddie continued to question.

“I- I’m gay Eds and I-I hope you don’t hate me,” richie stuttered nervously.

Richie looked down in embarrassment and allowing his tears to fall. Eddie didn’t care if Richie was gay, but he stayed quiet for a moment and Richie began to worry.

“Great,” richie scoffed, “you hate me Eds and now you’re gonna make me the laugh of the entire school.”

Eddie found himself wrapping his arms around the sobbing boy. He slid his way around Richie. Their limbs were tangled up together as Richie cried into Eddies shoulder.

“I don’t hate you Rich,” Eddie whispered.

“You don’t?” Richie spoke, soft sniffles escaping richies nose.

“Why would I?” Eddie cooed into richies ear, “I- um, I’m gay Rich.”

Richie pulled away, “you are?” Eddie nodded with a small smile. Richie dug his head back into Eddies shoulder, as Eddie wrapped his legs around Richie.

After an hour they both sat on Richies couch, Eddies head laying on Richie’s lap.

“How did you know?” Richie asked, playing with Eddies wavy hair.

“I don’t know, I remember being asked to go on a date and-.” Eddie paused, “I didn’t find the girl attractive, I was kind of...repulsed by her, how did you know?”

Richie chuckled, “well, there was this guy, he was different and I found myself falling for him.” Jealousy ran through Eddie, the thought of Richie being with someone other than him angered him, “but,he was straight and outed me to my entire school.”

“I’m sorry Rich,” Eddie looked up into Richie's eyes with sympathy; Richie shot him a reassuring look.

“I’m guessing you're not out?” Richie enquired.

“Yep.” Eddie sighed heavily.

“Well if it makes you feel better you can be gay around me!” Richie suggested causing Eddie to burn a crimson red. “Blushing I see Eddie-bear?”

Eddie couldn’t stop himself from giggling and burst into a fit of giggles. They not sat on the couch laughing uncontrollably. They both felt that safe feeling they felt before but hey also felt happiness.