↝3↜

Eddie reached the diner, as he took a seat on the bar stool, he sighed restlessly. The young waitress walked up to him, her smile bright and powerful; 'she seemed to enthusiastic for someone who works in this dump' Eddie thought as the young blonde snapped her fingers in front of his face.

"Would you like anything?" She repeated, her pen and paper ready.

"Uh, a black coffee and toast, please." He asked, as he twiddled his thumbs awkwardly.

"And I'll get a black coffee too." A deep voice rang behind Eddie, who whipped around while the waitress walked off. Richie's tall, lanky body stood at the door as he smiled at Eddie who rolled his eyes, the sight filling him with disgust.

Richie took a seat next too Eddie, now he was closer and Eddie stopped in puzzlement. He analysed the black eye on his face and the cut lip, "What happened?" Eddie questioned the long, legged boy as if he was a concerned mother.

"That fucker Henry Bowers," Richie laughed it off, "Lets say it didn't end well."

"He bet you up?" A pale faced, Eddie queried with compassion for him.

"He punched me when I told him I needed to meet up with you, then he called you a fag. And I punched him back." Richie explained, as tapped his fingers against the crisp, clean white counter.

"You stuck up for me?" Eddie blushed a crimson red as he looked down to hide his embarrassment.

"Of course Eddie, what are friends for?" Richie nudged his shoulder gently, chills dive and rush through Eddie's body. That feeling, that goddamn feeling' Eddie thought.

"Two coffees and toast, that'll be $8 please," The waitress placed the food and beverages before them, Richie reached into his pocket before Eddie could even have the chance and handed the woman $10, "Thank you, enjoy." And with that she walked off, swaying her hips as she did.

"I could've payed!" Eddie whined, as he moved with toast in between the two of them.

"Its okay, I owe you," He assured, sipping his black coffee.

"Take some." Eddie gestured towards the pile of toast, Richie shook his head.

Eddie furrowed his thick brows, "Come on, I wont eat it all Rich." Eddie practically begged.

Richie let out a sigh, picking up a slice of warm toast that was virtually drenched in thick, creamy butter. He took a bite of the delicious toast, groaning in delight. Eddie giggled at him as he took a bite of some toast himself.

"Fuck thats good." Eddie said in disbelief, as he devoured the piece he once held in his hand.

"It really is, might have to come here often." Richie winked flirtatiously at Eddie who beamed over at him.

"Cute smile Ed's!" Richie shot him another wink as his cheeks flushed red.

"Ed's? That's a horrible nickname." Eddie changed the subject, playfully scoffing as he did.

"And Rich isn't?" Richie chuckled, shrugging his shoulders, "Its that or Eddie spaghetti?"

Eddie shook his head, "Ed's it is."

"Perfectly fine with me Eddie-bear." Richie chuckled causing Eddie to groan, but this was with annoyance.

They both reached for another slice of toast, Richie's hand landed on Eddies. Richie's cold hand touched Eddies warm ones; Richie smiled brighter than usual.

"Sorry, Ed's," Richie apologized as he removed his hand from Eddies.

-

The two spoke for about an hour until Eddie realized the time, then they went their separate ways; Eddie walked down the sidewalk as he studied the scenery around him. The tree's moving side to side in the cool breeze. He out a breathe of warmth, as stuffed his hands in the warm pockets.

"Hey fag," A deep voice rang through what Eddie thought, was an empty street. Eddie whipped around to land his eyes on Henry Bowers, someone he didn't feel in quite the mood to deal with at that point. So he turned back around and continued to walk, ignoring the ill-mannered comments. Eddie was turned around by a strong grip; Henry had a devious smirk plastered on his unpleasant face. Eddie's gagged at the sight and yanked his arm away from Henry's tight clasp. Eddie was roughly pushed to the ground by Henry, who then punched him in the eye; he whimpered in pain as clutched his eye. He waited for the next hit to come but it didn't, he opened his eyes, Henry led on the ground, gripping his cheek.

Richie stood tall, shaking his head in pure distaste, his curls flying through the wind, "Really Bowers? I thought I spoke to you about this," Richie spat, kicking him hard in his chest, causing Henry to cough. "Get out of here before I fuck you up." Richie shouted, as Henry struggled to stand, then racing off down the road.

"Shit Ed's," Richie remembered, placing out a hand for Eddie to take hold of. And he did, he slipped his hand into Richie's. 'There's that feeling again,' Eddie Thought as Richie pulled him up from the ground. Richie gently moved his finger over the bruise that was beginning to appear under Eddie's eye.

"Its okay," Eddie lied, rubbing the dust off his pants.

"No its not, I shouldn't have left you knowing that bastards plan." Richie sighed, the sound of disappointmentin clearly in his voice.

Richie slammed his fist on the nearest wall, he went for another hit only getting stopped by Eddie. He took hold of Richie's hand, sending the warmth from his to Richie's. They kept eye contact for what felt like hours for them but realistically it was less then two seconds.

"Don't do that." Eddie whispered, Richie sent him a small nod as they let go of each others hands.

"Do you want me to walk you home Ed's?" Richie recommended, placing his hands in the pockets of his jacket.

"I'd like that." Eddie half smiled, as they both walked down the empty street of Derry.

Eddie was falling head first for Richie. And so was Richie, but they didn't know that just yet.