↝10↜

Eddie pushed himself through his front door. He’d overstayed his visit and it was now Sunday evening.

“Where have you been?” His mother spat at her tired son.

“I was helping Richie!” He snapped at her
.
“Don’t you dare use that tone with me.” She hissed causing him to scoff at her with disgust, “That Tozier boy did this.”

“You leave Rich out of this, if anything he’s helped me more than you ever and have and could.” Eddie yelled, causing his mother to be taken back, “He’s helped me find the real me that you made me hide.”

Her eyes widened, “You didn’t-“

Yes mother I did.” He screamed, “I kissed a fucking boy.”

His mother’s face crinkled in disgust, and she released a gag, “You are a filthy child.”

“Am I?” He questioned sternly, “Or maybe you’re a horrible mother. “You lied to me, abused me.”

“It was for your own-“

“My own good? You gave me pills to stop me from being gay,” Eddie growled.

“Eddie!” She screamed.

“No,” He shouted back, “I’ll be gone by the morning. I’m not doing this anymore.” Eddie commented, making his way up the stairs.

“No you won’t.” She called up after him.

“Watch me.”

And with that Eddie packed bag after bag. He had finally lost it with his mother and he was leaving, whether she liked it or not.
The clock struck 1am. His mother was fast asleep in her chair. He turned the front door, locked, he quietly tried the back door but that was locked too, “fuck.” He whispered. He scanned the rooms, his eyes landing on the open window.

He shoved the 3 bags through the tight gap. As he began to push himself through, his elbow hit a small glass vase causing and it smashed into pieces onto the floor.

“Shit.” Eddie groaned in annoyance.

“Eddie?” His mother loud voice echoed through the House. Eddie began to pick up the pass and finally and pushing through. He picked up his bags and turned back to the window.

“Eddie you get back in here right now.” His mother yelled.

“Fuck you!” He yelled, his middle fingers pointed at her as he walked off. He was finally getting away from his disgusting mother.

Eddie walked and walked. Circling his housing estate a couple of times. His legs tired and the bags putting immense pain on them. The short teen was drained, it was as if he was in and out of sleep.

He first thought of Bills, but then knew that his parents would find out and it would probably end horribly. Next was Stan, but knowing his parents they’d find out and it wouldn’t end up with a happy ending.

“Richie.” Reality was, Richie was his first choice. But Eddie was terrified that Richie would force him into going home. But it was the only place. He reached Richies house after 1 hour. It was nearly 2:30am and Eddie felt his knees buckle.

He knocked loudly on the door and collapsed to his knees, it was too much for short boy. The door opened and wide and Richie released a loud gasp. He helped Eddie up and rushed him into his sitting room, taking the bags off his back and putting them on the floor. He raced off and came back holding a large glass of water.

Eddie gulped the cold liquid, he felt it enter his throat, it satisfied his dehydration..

“Ed’s,” Richie finally spoke, “what happened?”

“I left.” He croaked out.

“You what?” Richie asked.

“My mom always knew I was gay, and well I lost it” Eddie explained, “She started yelling so I told her I was leaving and I did.”

“Eddie!” Richie said in shock.he took a seat next Eddie, snaking an arm around his waist, “I’m proud of you.”

“R-Really?” Eddie shuttered awkwardly.

“Fucking hell, of course.” Richie exclaimed.

A smile appeared on eddies face, he felt safety in Richie’s arms. He finally did it, it was as if this whole situation was a video game; and Eddie had beaten the monster and was finally happy with prince. In this case his mother was the monster and Richie was the prince.

“Hey Ed’s, if you wanna shower you can?” Richie suggested while Eddie placed his his head onto Richie’s chest.

“Thank you Rich.” Eddie mumbled lightly.

“No problem.”

Eddie had a warm shower, staying a moment longer to remember that he’d finally left. He was proud of himself and the feeling of ‘dirty’ was gone.
That night Eddie found himself in Richie’s grasp. Their limbs tanged up, as he listened to the sound of Richie’s heartbeat. Richie’s loud snores echoed through the the bedroom, so Eddie shut his brown orbs and fell into a deep sleep.