↝5↜

Eddie watched as Richie entered the classroom. His face lit up when richie saw Eddie, his cheeks flushing red. Richie shot Eddie a wink, making him blush a crimson red.

“Hurry up Tozier!” Mr. Clarke shouted as he slammed the wooden ruler against the desk, causing Eddie to flinch and frown.

Richie let out a groan of annoyance and planted himself into the seat. About 10 minutes into class a small piece of paper was placed in front of Eddie. He turned to see it was from a beaming Richie. He unfolded the crumpled up paper reading “wanna eat lunch together?” He picked up his blue pen, thinking of a response and writing down “sure, come seat with the losers.”

He folded the paper up and handed it back, quick as possible so he wouldn’t get noticed by the vexed teacher. Richie nudged Eddies shoulder softly, Eddie turned his heads towards him as he smiled brighter than ever.

“Perfect!” Richie mouthed, Eddie sent him a nod as he turned back to the lesson.

Classes went by and as Eddie walked to his locker he felt a soft pressure on his arm, he turned to face Richie who was smiling at him. Eddie shot Richie a soft smile back as he finished his book bag and slammed the locker shut.

“Ready?” Eddie asked, as the two teens walked down the busy corridor.

Richie shrugged, “I guess, they won’t hate me?” He questioned worriedly as Eddie softly chuckled.

“I’m sure they’ll like you,” Eddie assured him and looked at him with bright red cheeks. Richie hide the big smile that was plastered on his freckled face.

Thy walked outside to the losers usual seating area, the others were busing in a conversation when Eddie and Richie slid into the seats. Stan noticed Richie and was first to greet him.

“Hey, you must be richie!” Stan smiled, “I’m Stanley but feel free to call me Stan.”

Richie was nervous and Eddie could tell, “it’s nice to meet you.” Richie ran his hands through his thick curls as he let out a nervous breathe.

They went around the table introducing each other, richie was a hot mess. He’d never made actual friends because they’d just judge him about being bisexual so telling his new friends wasn’t going to happen. He didn’t want to be hated again.

“So how’s E-Ed’s treating y-you?” Bill spoke, his usual stutter included. Richie found it hard to understand but knew he’d get use to it.

Richie rubbed his neck, “he’s- uh- he’s great.” He mumbled awkwardly.

“Don’t be nervous around us,” Bev chirped up, “Any friend of Eds is a friend of ours!”

“Yeah,” Mike agreed causing Richie loosen slightly and beam at them.

“So richie, tell us about yourself!” Ben suggested as Richie nodded.

“I- uh well I’m 17, I live on my own, I sing and I- like movies.” Richie explained as the losers listened.

“You live on your own?” Stan asked in disbelief.

Richie nodded, “my grandparents had a place here and have payed off the bills for the next 10 years, they said he was something to do with being ‘prepared and organized’ but they both were killed in a car crash.”

“I’m so sorry to hear that,” Eddie’s sympathetic voice spoke.

“Don’t worry about it Ed’s, it’s not your fault,” Richie reassured him, “but it just means you guys can come over.”

Bev squealed, causing Richie to jump suddenly, “speaking of which, Eds you still coming over?”

“Yeah, I’ll meet you at end of school and we can ride our bikes.” Eddie spoke softly.

Eddie looked over at the nervous boy and looked down at his hand on the connected bench. Something deep down in Eddie told him “hold his hand you wuss!” Eddie placed his hand on richie causing Richie to turn towards hims sharply, looking down at their hands and he suddenly found himself holding Eddies hand and smiling.

“I told you they’d like you!” Eddie whispered to richie who blushed again.

Neither of them let go, through the whole 30 minutes of lunch they continued to hold hands until the loud bell rang and they separated and headed to their classes. Eddie couldn’t stop thinking of richies warm hands and how they fit together so perfectly. And likewise for Richie; he wanted to regain that feeling. The feeling of safe and sound.

The last class of the day, they both sat together. Richie couldn’t stop staring at him, he analyzed every inch of Eddies face. How his slightly curly hair lay, how his light freckles were so soft and how delicate the boy was. He couldn’t get over how beautiful one could be; Richie was slowly falling in love with Eddie.

Eddie knew he was staring at him, every now and then he would take a quick look at Richie. Eddie felt weird but a good and natural weird. Like it was second natural to him. Eddie was finally figuring out something, he was gay and there was no denying it.