↝11↜

“Ed’s, school time.” Richie’s raspy morning voice spoke.

“-What?” Eddie mumbled, tightening his grip onto Richie.

“Unfortunately, we both have school,” Richie sighed sadly.

“I don’t want to go.” Eddie whined like a child.

“If you go I’ll make us popcorn and we’ll watch movies later?” Richie suggested, causing Eddie to release his grip.

“Deal!” He squealed, as he raced into the kitchen.

Richie laughed at his excitement, then following after him. Richie watched Eddie crack eggs into a bowl and began to cook them on the stove.

“And he cooks,” Richie playfully gasped, “Is there anything you can’t do?”

“Date girls.” Eddie snorted causing Richie to laugh hysterically.

“Coffee?” Richie calmed himself down.

“Black, please.” Eddie said gently.

“Perfect.”

Richie started up the cheap coffee maker and leaned against the counter top; his eyes watched Eddie curiously. Eddie’s height is what stood out like sore thumb, but Richie found it adorable.

As the coffee poured into the glass cup, Eddie wondered if this was it? If Richie was basically saying this is eddies new home? And not knowing bothered Eddie, and he badly needed to know.

“Eddie, Ed’s you’re panicking.” A nervous Richie spoke, snapping his fingers in front of Eddie’s face.

“I-I’m not,” Eddie stuttered.

“Yes you are.” Richie sighed.

“Am I too much?” Eddie blurted out.

“What? No, no.” Richie spoke sternly, “Do you think I don’t want you here?” Eddie nodded his head in shame. “Well I want you living here.”

Eddie had to let the words slip from his mouth but it was as if his lips were glued shit.

Say it.

“Richie?” Eddie spoke.

Do it Eddie.

“Richie...”

Just say it.

“You’re my home.” It spilled out of Eddie’s mouth.

A smile was plastered across Richie’s face, “Then I guess we’re home.” Richie pored the dark liquid into the cups, then handed Eddie one; and grinning like a big child as he did.

Eddie took a sip of the warm drink, “Thank you.”

Richie and Eddie sat the small dinner table, devouring their eggs and toast. They were both in and out of a conversation, both dreading school.

“Shit, my bikes still at my old house.” Eddie huffed.

‘Old house’ echoed through Richie’s head, he smiled because this really was Eddie’s new house.
“I have a spare one,” Richie assured, “Hopefully I’ll get my car up and running.”

“You have a car?” Eddie asked in awe.

“Yeah, in the garage.” Richie smirked.

The two boys finished their meal and hopped onto their bikes, heading to school. They passed the small houses, taking in the green scenery. Eddie felt his stomach churn ad he’d have to pass his mother’s house. As they got closer, they saw the figure of his large mother sit upon the steps.

She turned their direction as the two boys stop in a Holt and Richie smirked deviously, “You must be Sonia,” Richie waved.

“And you’re the Tozier boy.” She spat.

“I just wanted to say thank you for Eddie,” Richie smiled, “Also go fuck yourself.” He sniggered.

Eddie stopped the laughs from escaping his lips, “Fuck you Sonia.” Eddie laughed, riding off on his bike with Richie.

“I’m so fucking proud of you,” Richie cheered, as they rode down the roads of Derry.