Celebrations Pt. 1 || Poe X Reader

Starkiller Base was destroyed! The First Order was no longer a threat!

You felt like a million bucks as you double checked your tool box, making sure all the necessary tools you would need we're in there.

Making your way out of the hangar and onto the tarmac, the sight of battered X-Wings and tired pilots met your eyes, your feeling of a million bucks instantly fading away.

One X-Wing stood out in particular. It was black and orange, but no one else would be able to tell the color of the fighter due to the insane amounts of grit and damage she'd received during the battle.

You knew that fighter well. Black One. T-70 X-wing fighter. A real pain in the butt to repair.

That was one con about being the Base's best mechanic, you got assigned an awful lot to this X-Wing, due to it's pilot boasting the "Best Pilot in the Galaxy" title.

Commander Poe Dameron, tended to be a bit reckless at times, resulting in Black One to pay the price.

"He should be grateful for a great mechanic." You mutter under your breath, making your way over to the fighter.

As you neared the X-Wing, the Commander climbed out of the cockpit and jumped down without using the ladder, showing off to the crowd of watching ladies who had suddenly swarmed the fighter.

You huff a deep sigh.

Another one of these days, huh?

This happened often. Most times you wouldn't get half of the needed repairs done due to the mob of people swarming the X-Wing, you crawling all over the place, patching up holes, fixing rivets. All the necessary repairs.

But today's repair was going to take a while. You could already tell by the Commander's concerned face as he casually flirted with the ladies gawking at him.

Dameron loved his ship more than anything else in his life (besides BB-8) but he could be utterly clueless when it comes to which end of a screwdriver to use. All he knew is that if she wasn't flying right, something was up.

And it was your job to fix it.

Pushing your way through the crowd, you make your way to Black One starting to examine the damage.

"Sorry ladies, but I've got to help this mechanic here figure out what's up with Black One. See y'all later!" The Commander says, his charm forcing the crowd to walk away.

I have a name you know!

As Dameron made his way back over to his beloved fighter, you climb up onto the wing, tightening a rivet.

"Hey (N/N)." Poe greeted warmly, sending shivers up your spine.

Did you love this man? No way. There was no way. But... ugh!

You let out a frustrated growl, as that thought crossed your mind, tightening the next rivet.

You leap down from the wing, screwdriver in hand as Poe's droid, BB-8, beeped at your feet.

"Hey buddy!" You smile, rubbing the little droid's dome.

The droid squeals in delight as you stand up and face the Commander.

"Dameron." You greet icily, unlike he did.

Turning on your heel, you turn your attention back to the battered X-Wing before you.

"Looks like she'll need some serious repairs, Flyboy. She could be grounded for a few days."

"What? No. I have to fly drills tomorrow morning. (Y/N), you have to get her fixed tonight." Poe says, annoyance in his voice.

"There's no way I could-"

You were interrupted by stern looking Commander.

"That's an order (L/N). I need her tomorrow."

And with that, it was his turn to spin on his heel and stalk off, his droid beeping out what sounded like an apology as he rolled along after the fuming pilot.

"I have to get you all fixed up for tomorrow in one night?" You say out loud, bewildered and annoyed that you wouldn't be able to take part in the guaranteed celebration that would take place later tonight.

*Timeskippy*

"Black One! I swear I'm going to scrap you myself one of these days!" You yell out loud, banging your fist against the bottom of the fighter's steel frame.

This ship was just too stubborn. Stubborn like it's owner.

And to make matters worse, a cold drizzle had started to fall and along with a chilly breeze that D'Qar was known for.

"Blast it!" You curse as the wrench you were using slipped from your grasp, hitting your knee.

That was it. You were fed up, soaking wet, cold and tired.

Crawling out and under from the X-Wing, a pair of familiar eyes meet your own.

"You look like a mess, (N/N)." Poe chuckles, walking closer to you and snaking an arm around your waist, pulling you closer.

"You know, I didn't actually need these repairs done until tomorrow afternoon... if you checked the drill schedule in the hangar, you'd have known that..." Poe drawls, brushing a wet strand of your (h/c) hair out of your face. "Lets get you inside."

He takes his arm from your waist, and starts the treck across the wet tarmac towards base, stopping when he noticed that you weren't following him.

"You coming (N/N)?" He calls over the sound of the pounding rain.

"Y-y-yeah!" You call back, hastily gathering your tools, unable to fathom the fact that Poe freaking Dameron and you were just inches apart from each other.

Dismissing the butterflies in your stomach, you jog after Poe, stopping at his side.

Taking your hand, he guides you back into the warmth of the hangar, sitting you down on a nearby crate.

"Here. Take this. Your freezing." He says as he removes his jacket, placing it over your shoulders.

"Thanks." You reply quietly, unable to trust your voice to say anymore. You were beyond confused at this point with your emotions.

Hours ago, you'd have said you hated this man's guts, but now... now you weren't so sure...

Were you actually falling for someone you swore to barely talk to?!

A/N
I will make another part! Don't worry! what do ya think?