Darkest Hour || Poe X Reader

*SPOILERS FOR THE RISE OF SKYWALKER!*

Your POV
"And we're back." A rather disgruntled Poe Dameron sighs as he powers down the Millennium Falcon, turning to you with a tired expression.

You likely mirrored the pilot's exhausted state, though ten times worse.

Ever since Rey, Finn, You and Poe had left Ajan Kloss to hunt down a Sith Wayfinder on Pasaana, you hadn't been able to sleep. At all.

The Force was stirring in ways you couldn't describe and it bothered you.

Even Poe noticed you were off, which was rare for him. Usually, he'd just leave you be in times like this, until you finally broke down and came to him.

You were no Jedi, the farthest thing from that, in fact. You just happened to be slightly force-sensitive.

But that's besides the point.

"That we are." You muse aloud, cracking a small, half-hearted smile before lowering your head and tuning yourself to the Force once more for what seemed the hundredth time today.

Something still wasn't right.

Maybe it's because Rey is gone off to who knows where after that duel with Ren? No... It's something else... It's something I've never felt before...

"Hey..." The Pilot in front of you whispers, his hand finding its way atop yours. "Everything's fine... Rey'll be fine, she's a survivor."

You shake your head slowly, your gaze still lowered.

"It's not that, Poe... It's something else... I just don't know what..." You pause, voice cracking as your gaze meets his. "Something is wrong. Something is horribly wrong."

The man in front of you just sighs once more.

"I'm sure everything will be fine, Y/N... Come on, we have to go find Leia."

You nod solemnly, taking the Pilot's hand lightly as you both make your way out into the warm sunshine of Ajan Kloss.

Outside, there was a flurry of activity.

Officers rushing around, pilots trailing aimlessly behind, mechanics tinkering away. Everyone had looks of shared grief and agony written all over their features. Not a single soul looked remotely happy.

And then there was a sudden, complete and absolute silence as both you and Poe made your way closer and closer to the main area, hand in hand.

Something isn't right. At. All.

"You're back! The both of you! There's something I need to tell you!" The voice of Commander D'Acy yells from behind a nearby X-Wing, the older woman coming into your view seconds later.

She was practically running towards you both.

"Can't talk, gotta find the General." The pilot next to you nods, continuing past D'Acy, quickening his pace.

"Poe. It's about Leia." The woman's voice sounds once more, less urgent than before, more solemn and full of grief.

Just like everyone else.

Realization washes over you like an icy wave as you collapse to your knees, your grip on Poe's hand falling limp, the gravity of the situation weighing you down and the feeling that had been pulsing through the Force now hollow and empty.

You only vaguely make out what happens next.

The man beside you immediately kneels down beside you, speaking, but to you, it sounds like gibberish.