Chapter 6: Christoper Moments

Christoper's POV

On a broken down orphanage,
Just right beside it,
A girl and a beautiful garden were standing.
"When the time comes,
We will meet again,
Right beside this crooked orphanage
Someday... just wait..."
That was the girl's words.

I sat right up of bed with two eyes open wide. "Ugh" I sighed to myself. "Just another one of those cursed damn dreams again."

It was one month after Luka had asked out Marinette for that "friend date." After since he's been bothering me non-stop trying to be all friendly-like and crap. I didn't even ask for his kindness! Ugh, curse Marinette. 

But... it kind of feels nice...

 I got out of bed and prepared myself for today.

o0o

"You okay, man? It looks like something's bothering you," Luka asked.

Me and Luka are at the park today. Today is a Saturday, therefore it's that time he bugs me out again.

"Nothing really. Just one of those dreams again," I sighed.

"Oh..." he nodded his head. Suddenly, I notice that a smirk was planted in his face. "One of those Marinette and you being a couple dreams?"

"WHAT THE HECK, DUDE?! That DISGUSTING lovesick loser? No way!!!"

Luka bursts out of laughter after I practically screamed at him.

"I seriously don't even know why I'm hanging out with you,"  I scolded, my face all red.

"Ouch! That hurts!" Luka gasped, pretending to be hurt by placing his hand in his chest and gasping.

"Ugh. Maybe it's you who likes her," I looking away.

Time passed until someone interrupted us. "Excuse me, young men," said a man who happened to look like a foreigner was standing before us. "But do you know where I can find the 'Pont des Arts' is?

"I know! And I can tell you where it is!" I exclaimed.

"Oh! tha-"

"NOT! This is why you should mind your own business!" I laughed wickedly and smirked.

After seeing the man disheartened, I kind of felt... guilty? WHAT?! Since when did I start to have this feeling?! I've been doing stuff like this for a long time!

   "S-sorry, sir. I h-have to work on my jokes," I said nervously as I told him where the location is. He nodded and said, "thank you". After a few seconds, I felt a tap in the shoulder. I expected to see the foreigner again, which was getting really into my nerves since I didn't put him on shame, but to both Luka and my surprise, it was Marinette carrying some grocery bags.

"Surprising to see you here, Chris. But not as surprising as how you tried to be kind to that man over there," she smiled.

"Marinette!" Said Luka. "What brings you here?"

"Oh, I was just buying some stuff for the bakery. Nothing much to do but you know, always be prepared hehe," she laughed. After which, she paused for a second as if she was thinking about something.

She then turned to me and said "say... I do know something that could make you... kinder. Why don't you learn to bake cookies? I could help you!"

 I was preparing to say a no, but then something, like a force was forcing my mouth to say a "yes". I felt my cheeks turn red. Why is this happening? What is this feeling?

"Sure," I said hesitantly. "Luka will y-"

I turned to face him but then I saw him running away and said "sorry, man! just forgot about something I was supposed to do!!!"

That coward...

"Well, are you ready?" Marinette said, giving me a joyful smile.

"R-ready."

o00

"Okay. Just crack the eggs very VERY gently," Marinette said, trying to teach me how to do it correctly.

I tried doing it again but, like my other three attempts, but managed to fail again by leaving a lot of eggshells in the cookie mixture.

I was in the kitchen of the Dupain-Cheng's bakery. Since there wasn't anything to bake for customers, Marinette decided that the cookies that we will be making will be made for us. But sadly, or rather annoyingly, it isn't going quite on what we expected.

"Well, s-since we're done with the wet mixture, let's combine it with the dry mixture, shall we?" Marinette asked, trying to cheer me up.

"G-got it." I poured the remaining leftovers of flour onto the wet mixture.

I turned to see Marinette's expression and saw she was trying to hold a smile. "Um, I said dry mixture, not leftover flour."

That wad it. I lost my temper and exclaimed "this is freaking HOPELESS! You know what? Why are you even bothering me? Did I ask for this? You do know I still know that you are Ladybug, right? Just one slip-up and you'll be exposed. I have the power to humiliate you, ruin you, break your reputation."

I expected to see her with a sorrowful face, being all humiliated, but instead, the last thing that I ever expected happened: she poked my face with her finger covered with flour and giggled. She then said "as you'll ever tell anyone. Chris, I know you don't want to accept defeat, but admit that I won. I managed to make you feel what love feels like. And I won't stop 'til the day I could see that joyful smile of yours." She touched the corners of my lips and made me smile. "That's what I'm looking for," said she. She then grabbed a bowl and said "let's start again, shall we?"

I couldn't help but stare at her. This girl... this girl... she's too unexpected.

Why does my heart always beat whenever she is near me? It's like I want to be... closer with her. This is simply... unexpected. She changed me for the better.

o0o

After everything was done, we went to sit down in the corner for a bit before tasting the cookies.

"I'm exhausted,"  Marinette exclaimed, stretching and leaning her head to my shoulder.

What. WHAT?! Insides of me just wanted to scream at her and said: "WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING!!!" But I... enjoyed it? Why? Oh no. What if she heard my heart racing? I should stop and I tried but it made it worse! What?!

Just as we were resting, the parents of Marinette came. "Hi, guys! How are you doing?" they asked.

 "Just resting," said Marinette.

"Let me take a photo of you guys!"

 "Wait, n-" I said, alarmed.

 "Say cheese!!!"

Adrien's POV

"Not much fun to do, Plagg. Uggghhh" I sigh.

I was just in my room, trying to make use of my phone. I didn't really like Saturdays because I get to be stuck in this mansion again. Same old photo shoots and piano lessons.

I saw a notification in Facebook coming from the mom of Marinette. I went to see what it was and I couldn't believe what I saw.

It was Christoper and Marinette eating cookies together. TOGETHER. Wait... shouldn't I be happy about this? Why does my heart feel like it's squeezing? This is all just too confusing...

"Guess it's your turn, eh?" Says Plagg, looking at me with a smile while eating his Camembert.

"... eh?" I said in confusion.

 Plagg looked disappointed and started to do this face palm.