Chapter 1: Flashbacks, Visions, Nightmares, and Dreams of Forgotten Memories

Chapter song: Reluctant Heroes - Cover by LovelyMusicAngel (Nightcored by Sanuksanan)

Each night was the same, each day was the same. The nightmares, the visions, everything. It was a big blur but with each one he had he saw... These... Giant monsters. Big, terrifying and each one killed. They picked people off streets, eating... killing... eating... killing... Eren couldn't stand it, but he hoped that now that he was 18 and moving out of his parents' house he could start over and maybe leave those visions behind. He left the big city he lived in and moved to a small town just outside the city. The visions have recently lessened, but whenever he did have them, they were more terrifying then ever.

Today though, he decided to leave his small house and go to a nearby coffee shop. He heard it had the best caffeinated drinks around. He walked into the coffee shop and ordered his drink and sat down, spotting a man a few tables away, taking someone's order.

He couldn't put a finger on it but from the side he looked familiar.

Somehow.

He was a spitting image of someone, but when Eren's green orbs meeting gray, he turned around as quickly as possible in embarrassment.

。。。

Levi was getting the order of one of his customers, Petra, who always came here every single morning to drink some tea and talk to him. Which in fact, he thought was annoying, because he had work to do but his boss always said he had to 'give what the customers want' which was to listen to Petra. He knew she liked him, even her father asked him to marry her, but he obviously declined, only seeing her as an acquaintance that just talked to him.

Levi looked over to the boy a few tables away, looking at him, and when those green orbs meet his gray ones, he felt this spark that he knew him somehow, but he didn't know how.

He walked over to the boy at the table, leaving Petra talking to herself about some gossip in the town.

"Oi brat, what do you want from me?" Levi said in an angry way, that he didn't really mean it like that.

。。。

Eren remained in his seat, sipping his coffee, and when a man walked over, he jumped when he heard his angered tone. He noticed that the man was standing in front of him. Eren looked up at the man and hid his want to cower away, failing a bit as he shrank back slightly, but kept confidence in his face.

"I didn't even say anything..." he said to the man.

。。。

"Well why are you staring at me? Do you need some water or something?" Levi asked in an annoyed way, looking into the boy's eyes, noting he was scaring customers again.

。。。

Eren scowled and looked away from the man's evil gaze.

"No, I'm fine and I wasn't staring, I just thought I knew you. You can go now," he snapped.

。。。

"Good," Levi said leaving the boy and walking back over to Petra's never-ending gossip, but it was time for his break so he went to hang up his apron.

"I thought I knew you too," he thought before hanging his apron up and walking outside for his break.

The first chapter of an Ereri fanfiction... this is based on a roleplay so this is not exactly in a story order, or how a story is supposed to be formed or whatever it's called. Hope you Ereri shippers liked it! *AoT salute* ~Kaniss25