Chapter 5: Remembering a Past Life

Chapter song: Guren no Yumiya - English Lullaby Version by AmaLee

Eren widened his eyes when he heard the splash. He stood and ran around the pond to see the man in the water.

"A-Are you okay?!" he asked as he ran over and stepped into the water, holding out a hand for him to take,a flashback in his mind of when they took a ride into the forest, and pushed each other into a pond then too.

He shook the image away quickly.

。。。

"Y-Yeah, I'm just, TCH, dirty," Levi said taking the green-eyed boy's hand and getting up.

"Who are you anyways?" Levi asked having a flashback of when they first met, and him having to beat up the green-eyed boy.

。。。

"I-I'm Eren Jeager..."he said quietly, "you..?" he asked quietly, almost dreading the answer.

***

"Levi, just Levi," he said then it hit him, Eren? Where has he heard that name before?

。。。

Eren widened his eyes and swallowed hard.

"O-Oh okay.." he murmured and stepped back.

An image flashed threw his head of when he was a child and watching this man and his group going through the town on their horses, remembering he looked up to him as a role model so much...

。。。

"Are you okay?" Levi asked.

Then he had an image of when he was in a castle and told everybody to clean, and Eren complaining about cleaning.

。。。

Eren panted heavily and nodded.

"Y-Yeah I'm fine..!" he said quickly.

He remembered... Everything... Everything. Being eaten, the shifting, everyone dying, mom, his friends, kidnapping.

He laughed nervously and nodded. "I-I have to go.."

。。。

"Well, I see you around," Levi said walking away towards his house.

When he got home everything came rushing into his mind like a flood. The titans, people dying, his friends Farlan and Isabel, dead, Erwin, who recruited him, Hanji, who is obsessed with titans, all the shitty cadets, and finally, Eren, the titan-shifter who wanted to kill all the titans, who he loved and killed so the military police wouldn't kill him themselves...

。。。

Eren went home wide eyed. He then ran into the bathroom, throwing up immediately as he stepped into the room, hunched over the toilet for about five minutes before sitting back up and panting heavily.

"Oh my fucking god.." he said.

。。。

Levi couldn't take in all of these memories coming back to him, he just couldn't and remembering all those deaths put a toll on him. He couldn't hold in all these emotions anymore. So he went over to his room and sat on his bed, curled up in a ball, and cried for the first time ever. The tears fell, and they wouldn't stop, they kept falling, and falling down onto the sheets of his bed.

。。。

Eren sat down by the toilet, panting heavily, whining and wheezing.

"L-Levi... Shit.. Fucking..." he sniffled and walked to his room, flopping down on it as everything whirled in his head, remembering the only way he ever felt at peace was with Levi.

。。。

"D-Damn i-it E-Eren," Levi said choking on his words, he then wiped the tears from his eyes and changed into something more comfortable, trying to sleep the rest of the night, for he had to find a new job tomorrow.

。。。

Eren hiccuped heavily and eventually passed out on the bed. His dreams still terrifying and morbid, but he managed through it...

The next day he got changed and headed to work, sighing deeply.

Welp, and if you readers wanted to know, I roleplayed as Levi and my friend, KrisWhispers roleplayed as Eren, just to put that out there. I swear I fangirled so much during this roleplay, and KrisWhispers and I were like: NOW KISS ALREADY DANG IT! So yeah, I hope you readers like it so far! *AoT salute*~Kaniss25