Chapter Sixteen | Gone For A Refill |

Hey guys, sorry for the very slow update. I've been very busy with school recently and could barely find time to write this chapter. I have also struggled with a little bit of writer's block as well as where I wanted this story going. Needless to say, I am excited about the direction this story is headed and can't wait to bring you guys new exciting chapters throughout 2019! To also make up for the long wait I have a little surprise for you guys at the end of this chapter. Right, that's all for now and happy late New Year!

The group ran through the pitch black night. Not stopping until they saw the faint line of pink streak the horizon. Song pointed out they were nearing a village and should stop to reorganize themselves and get some rest. Rin could see how tired and exhausted the others were from last nights escapade and reluctantly agreed to Song's suggestion.

"You glad we didn't head to the nearest village first?" Rin said walking alongside a sleepy Song.

"No, I'm thankful." Rin smiled, she was too tired to laugh.

"Thankful that I made the right decision in the end?" Song's lip quivered in restrained anger.

"Oh put your ego aside for once. I'm just thankful that the red assassins didn't find us. That's all." Song was too tired to fight with the assassin again. All the princess wanted was to close her eyes and let her aching limbs rest. Her legs were crying in agony for her to stop, but she wouldn't. Not yet at least.

"Hmmm. I guess we must be very lucky." Rin's playful attitude was starting to annoy the princess.

"Yes, extremely," Song said dryly, rolling her eyes.

Soon, the group finally arrived in another small village encompassing the extensive forest. Despite its small size, however, the town seemed to be bustling with people.

"We should go find an inn, let you all get some rest." The heirs were surprised at her words, all of them too tired to question this sudden kindness.

The inn was crowded with people too. It seemed some people from the former village were taking refuge in the inn.

"Just let me do the talking, got it?" The others gave half awake nods. Despite the wait, Rin and the others made their way to the front desk.

"Two rooms for one night please." She asked taking out the coin purse Olvan had provided them.

"Did you all by any chance come from the village just a couple miles away?" The middle aged balding man asked from behind the counter.

"We were just staying the night when the fire happened." Rin casually replied.

"You traveller's?" The man asked counting the money Rin slid across the counter. Rin hated how innkeepers were always so nosy.

"Yes,"

"What brings to you, Amaya?" The man continued to pry. Rin only got more annoyed.

"We're here to research the plants and wildlife near Amaya's core."

"Don't get much of your kind around here. Here's your keys." Rin, about fed up with the man's questions, happily swiped the keys from his hands.

"Thank you." She said, flashing one of her perfectly fabricated smiles before turning back around pouting and rolling her eyes.

Her comrades followed wordlessly behind. Rin could feel their exhausted limbs practically breaking at the seams as she turned the key in the lock. The five tumbled in and immediately Cassian, and Zyana flung themselves onto the two beds, not even bothering to remove their shoes. Song collapsed to the floor, laying her head on her pack. While Amadi was the only one to unroll the sleeping mat from his bag and then promptly falling asleep on it.