-2-

The dumbfounded look on my face must have said it all because I caught the wink he gave before Liam guided me out the door.The walk up the stairs is silent until we reach an empty corridor with three doors on each side.

"These rooms are reserved for our team, which includes me, Zayn, Niall, and Harry. You can choose between the two rooms on the right wall: one next to the steps and the other in the middle." Liam points out.

"Erm, that one," I say, it'll be easier to bolt from the spot closest to the stairs.

He opens the door to expose a plain white room with a queen-sized bed and a white dresser.

"I know it's not much, you'll get to unpack soon, maybe even now if you want." He shrugs.

"I asked Niall to fetch your bags from the car. Just let him know your decision, and I will come and get you." He says before walking out and shutting the door behind him.

I examine my room. A large walk-in closet and a bathroom. Plain as well yet just as elegant nonetheless.

A knock on the door brings me out of my thoughts.

"You're Louis!? Omg, You're gorgeous! It is obvious why Harry decided to keep you! "You're the first, you know that? Harry has never kept anyone before, so you can imagine my excitement," a blonde-haired alpha rambles, excitedly as I open my door.

He enters the room and drops my bags next to the bed before sitting down. I greet him with a friendly "hello".

"So what's your favorite color," Niall asked, smiling like a kid on Christmas.

~~~Liam leans back comfortably in the chair, looking up at Harry with a curious expression. 'Hey Harry,' he starts, "So why did you decide to keep him of all people?"

"He's a pretty little spitfire... He possesses an intimidating mouth, full of ferocity. All while knowing I could put a bullet in his head at any second. He was scared and too trusting, but I admire that he took his chances. The assertive way he carries himself is impressive, and I'm convinced that he deserves to remain under my watchful eye. I cannot bear the thought of someone else taking over his care. "

"He's got something up his sleeve," he says with a gleam in his eye, as if anticipating something exciting to happen.~~~"I can't believe we're going shopping together today! It's going to be so much fun! Are you ready to hit the stores and find some amazing deals? I'm planning to ask Liam if I can take Zayn's place. You wouldn't like him; he doesn't talk, he just stares. It's creepy. He's a weird Alpha." he fakes shivers.

"Maybe I would like him more, at least he knows how to keep his mouth shut." I giggle and walk to the bathroom to change into nice clothes for this outing.

I decided on a black graphic t-shirt with grey skinnies, and my favorite Jean jacket, paired with Red Vans, and told Niall I was ready.

"Great, follow me!!!" he said as I followed him from the room.

As I walk toward the shiny black Escalade, a strikingly handsome man with jet-black hair and a sun-kissed complexion greets me at the door."How sweet of you Zaynie!" Niall's cheerful demeanor was evident as he skipped the remaining distance towards the car. He slid into the seat, sure to leave space for me to join. His movements were fluid and effortless, reflecting his relaxed and easy-going nature."

"Come on Lou!" Niall says.

"You act as if you didn't just meet him 15 minutes ago Niall, give the lad a break. He's probably a bit shaken up." Liam sighs, running a hand over his face.

"Shut up and drive," Niall huffs.

~~~Niall's voice echoes through the store as he exclaims, 'Oh, this is nice!'.

"Yeah, I don't think that's his style, Ni," Liam says as he peers at Louis wandering in the women's section.

Louis looks away in embarrassment.

"Oh, I see," he says quietly before approaching Louis.

"See anything you like?" Niall asks slowly.

"Y-Yeah I like the skirts.." Louis was unsure how to speak with the trained assassins, who were here shopping with him. "We're here to protect you, don't worry about us," Zayn reassured him.

Louis stands motionless, his eyes fixed on Niall for an uncomfortably long time. Niall, feeling antsy, shuffles closer to him and quickly shoves a pile of clothes into his arms, hoping to break the awkward silence. Louis remains still, not even blinking, as he holds the clothes in his arms.

"I need you to come to the dressing room right now!" He exclaims, pushing him with urgency.

After they made him pose like a model on the runway, they purchased what Louis needed and returned home.

Louis greets Harry at the door and helps with his bags as they head to his room. "Did you find everything you needed?" he asks.

"Uh, yeah," Louis nodded uncomfortably.

"Good, told 'em to get whatever you wanted," he smiles.

"After you've had a chance to settle in, I would be happy to provide you with a more comprehensive tour than the one previously given by Liam, I'd also like to discuss some things with you." Harry's shoulders relax as he holds his hands in front of himself.

"Sure, okay." Louis nodded and headed up to the room where he would be staying. He had to admit that the place was very nice, even if he was here against his will.