Chapter 26

The sun rose bright the coming morning covering the hills around in a yellow hue. The lake water was shining with the sun rays falling over it and birds were chirping. It was calm. It was peaceful.

Even the weather was telling something new had been started. Something everlasting. Something to go for a long run.

A relation.

A connection.

In the far middle of the village, a house with rust color gate was buzzing. With noises. With echoes of happiness. With laughs which came from heart. With the love two souls were going to share for a lifetime.

The veranda was occupied by the men who were discussing the upcoming reception. The preparations were already going on but the moody newly wedded stubborn Khan was not happy with the many people his family has invited over.

"I'm not entertaining some thousand people."

Rayyan said with the same tone of finality he had used several times in his office.

"You make it sound like you are going to give them a show."

Haseeb's playful tone earned him a well deserved glare from his friend. Hammad just smiled a bit. The reception was decided days back with the consent of Noor's family but they were going through last check on the guest list. Rayyan was against gathering so many people but it was only fitting. The whole world should know that he was settled with someone he was in love with. Someone who was the best for him. And someone they could proudly say was the part of their family.

"Can't we make it a family function? Like we did with the Nikkah."

"No we can't."

Nani took the seat right next to Hammad facing Rayyan directly.

"This is how we are supposed to do it, Rayyan. Don't you want the world to see what a gem of a person you are married to?"

His response was immediate.

"No. The world doesn't need to know."

They all hid their smiles listening to this. He was not in favour of a huge gathering because he simply didn't want the people knowing he was finally at peace in his life. This was a defense mechanism. They all knew. It was both cute and warming at the same time.

"It doesn't. But Noor deserved to be acknowledged as your wife in your circle. People should know what a power couple we have going for us here."

Rohail added wriggling his eyebrows. Rayyan shook his head.

"Fine. If you all insist, then okay."

His agreement started a new discussion. Meanwhile in the kitchen Izma was in awe of how amazing Saliha's cooking skills were. She had taken up the task for preparing breakfast for all and she was winning in it. It was pleasantly surprising how easily they all had formed a bonding over the course of just few days. Be it with Nani, Saliha or Abeer. They all were like an extended family now and that was something Izma was most grateful for. Rayyan had come in their lives like a breath of fresh air. Bringing so many new faces with him. The faces they could now call their own.