A snippet and a thank you

The rain was falling on the clear window and travelling down the ground in streaks. Noor sipped her tea while her eyes were stuck at the beautiful view outside. The seat next to her was occupied by none other than her husband whose focus was more her than the scenery.

"Have you ever wondered one thing?"

"What?"

"What if you hadn't fallen in love with me?"

Rayyan's tone was curious but Noor gave him disapproving look.

"What kind of question is this?"

"An important one?"

"If you don't have a good face at least your talks should be good."

He chuckled.

"I've always been good in looks department, wife. Now I even talk amazingly. So your argument is not valid. Tell me what I'm asking."

Noor sighed and placed the mug nearby. Turning towards him she admired his casual jeans and button down clad form and cupped his face.

"If I hadn't fallen in love with you, I can swear Love would've never fallen upon me. This is how it works. If tomorrow I wake up with all my memories vanished, with you in my oblivion, still I'll fall in love only with you. I don't know how this will happen but it will happen only with you. Because you are not the person I love. You are love to me. My definition of love starts with you and ends on you. So yeah, it was a pretty lame attempt at making me confess those three words because in your own dictionary those words are 'Feelings are mutual' but my dictionary is not outdated so, I love you, Rayyan Ahmed Khan. In every way. In every life time. In every forever."

She could see the light in his eyes. His smile was illuminating it some more. It was illuminating the whole room. He touched his forehead with hers.

"I love you, Noor Fatimah. You are love to me. In every meaning. Even when it doesn't have any meaning. I love you."

The rain had stopped. The petrichor hadn't. It could never.

_____________________

Happy 100k reads to this baby book of mine. May be it's not huge for some but for me it is. Thanks to each one of you.

Also, I hope you are voting for ADOP on The fiction awards. It is nominated for best spiritual book category. If you haven't go go go. The details are on the previous chapter under "News."

Love, 

Aims.