Bonus # 3

Noor folded the clean clothes and pulled them in neat piles. It was a calm weekend with not much to worry about at work front. She loved her work but she also loved it when there wasn't much pressure on her regarding any new case.

She wasn't a workaholic. Unlike Mr Husband who still couldn't get rid off his love for his office. But this was the part of the package and Noor wasn't complaining.

Opening up the closet, she pushed their hanging clothes aside to make space for the pile she had in her hand. Her eyes caught on a blue dress which wasn't there before. A confused smile reached her lips.

Reaching out, she placed the folded clothes at their place and took out the blue material which was so soft to even touch.

His always unique taste in everything. Keeping it close to her, she picked up her phone and dialed his number.

He was there on the second ring only. And he had said it was busy weekend in the office. Hun.

"I assume you've gotten the dress."

"I have."

"Do you like it?"

"I love it but again? I've lost count of how many random gifts you've gotten me over the years."

"It's for my wife. Why you are salty?"

Noor had chuckled.

"Honestly, Rayyan. Before marriage, we had agreed on gifting each other things but both of us! But right now it's just you who keeps on coming up with these gifts."

"Am I asking for something. Besides, that agreement is way too old to be remembered. Five years is a long time."

Noor nodded absentmindedly knowing he won't be able to see her. But the sudden bringing up of that pre marriage time would always make her feel lost. How far they'd come and how beautiful all this was.

"By the way, is it a date?"

Noor knew how he functioned. It was on her finger tips now.

"It is, but we can go grocery if you want to."

"No thank you. My kids do better grocery than you."

"Noor, I'm saying this again it's not my fault if I confuse vegetable and pulses. Will you ever drop this or not?"

"May be not. Nayel knows more about all this than you."

"Or may be he's your favourite."

"Now, now jealousy isn't a fine virtue, husband."

It was Rayyan's turn to chuckle.

"Whatever. 8 PM sharp. Or I'll go alone."

"Ha! As if that's possible. I'll be ready."

They finished the call with an identical smiled gracing their lips.

Somethings never change.

________________________