Chapter Five

Chapter Five

Though Remy usually despised such places, they went to Wallmart to shop since everything would be under one roof, including clothes for Rogue. Remy kept his apartment topped up with food but perishables always needed to be bought fresh, so while Rogue looked through the clothes, Remy navigated the isles getting bread, butter, meats and anything that else they might need or want, like chocolate. He expected to be finished long before Rogue but she found him while he was browsing the cooked meats isle.

"You done already?" he asked eyeing the few items she had over her arm. It seemed she'd chosen three long sleeved t-shirts, one pair of jeans and some leather gloves. Where she found gloves at this time of year he didn't know but surely given free reign, Rogue should have been in and out of the changing rooms a dozen or more times. It didn't even look like she'd tried anything on at all.

"I just need enough until I get back to the institute."

"You sure? I told you to go wild. I know that's kinda hard to do in Wallmart but-"

"Remy, first of all, my wardrobe requirements are kind of specific and second of all, I don't have any money."

"You've got five hundred in your backpack," he said, realising that while he'd taken the money from both backpacks, he had forgotten to give hers to her. He fished his wallet out and handed over five crisp 100 dollar bills.

"That's still your money."

"So pay me back when you get home." He had no intention of taking her money but he knew that would end her protests. "Now come on, those clothes you picked don't even look like you."

He headed for the clothing section and Rogue had little choice but to follow after him. He quickly found some tank tops like she usually wore and threw three into the cart, then he found a black miniskirt. He had to guess at the size but Remy was good at things like that. He got three again. Then he moved onto the pantihose and picked out her normal opaque black, adding a couple of pairs of flesh toned ones, just for a change.

She looked mortified as she followed after him but she wasn't trying to stop him. He knew people were string at him but he ignored them. Rogue seemed to be having a much harder time, which was out of character for her. Normally Rogue would tell them to take a picture as it would last longer, not bow her head and ignore them as she was doing.

To spare her blushes, he left her with orders to buy more underwear while he checked out the rest of the clothing.

Her mesh tops proved a little harder to match but he was able to find a couple of sheer blouses that she could wear over the tank tops, plus some very loosely knitted, thin sweaters. Finally he stopped by the shoes and looked over the selections. Being summer, there were no heavy Doc martin type boots of the kind Rogue usually favoured, but then he didn't much like those anyway. Finally he choose two pairs of ankle books that weren't too out of style for her, one had a slightly higher heal than the other.

He went back to find Rogue and passed the makeup section. He wasn't sure what she used but he did know her colours, so he chose the right colours in the most expensive brand they had. He bought a black khol eyeliner, black mascara, purple eyeshadow and lipstick, white highlighter and a few shades of nail varnish. Her complexion was good enough that he didn't think she'd need foundation or power.

Rogue was still perusing the underwear section when he found her. She had picked out one bra and a three pack of panties.

"Chère, you're never gonna feel good about yourself in those," he said, snatching the bra out of her hands to see the size.

He then picked up three satin bra and panty sets in dark blue, burgundy and black.

"There, that should last you a while." He headed off to the checkouts, not giving her a chance to argue.