Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

Three days later, the roar of a motorcycle engine drew everyone's attention and they rushed topside to see who it was. No one was really surprised to see Logan, but they were surprised to see the blond sitting behind him.

"Wow, he actually got Emma," Remy said, putting a possessive arm around Rogue's shoulders. He wanted Logan to know that he had no intention of leaving Rogue alone, no matter how much the feral man threatened him.

Logan looked over at them as he got off the bike but quickly looked away, scowling. As they dismounted the bike, it soon became apparent that Emma was actually handcuffed to Logan, and Remy had to smile. He didn't much care for Logan's methods when they were directed at him, but he could appreciate his brute force in other situations.

Emma glared at everyone as Logan dragged her closer to the others.

"One telepath," he said to Storm. "How's cerebro coming?"

"We finished yesterday."

Logan grunted an acknowledgement. "I'll lock her in the store room until she's ready to cooperate."

Storm looked hesitant but didn't stop him. Hank stepped up beside her.

"Do you think this is wise?" he asked.

Remy and Rogue had also made their way over.

"She may not look like she wants to help, but she could have disabled Logan with a psychic blast if she wanted to. Part of her wants to be here." Remy explained.

"He's right," Rogue added. "When I absorbed her, I could see that she felt guilty about what the club were doing, that's why she left. I think she's willing to help but her pride is stopping her."

Hank nodded thoughtfully while Storm frowned. She felt out of her depth making these decisions but if Rogue and Remy agreed that she would help, then she had to listen to them. She missed the professor though, his reason, logic and compassion always made reaching a decision much easier. She also knew that he wouldn't be happy that Emma Frost had essentially been kidnapped but then he wasn't here, and desperate times call for desperate measures.

They let Emma stew for a few hours then after dinner, Remy took her a plate of food. Logan wanted to be the one to do it but Remy argued that as her ex (they didn't need to know it was only a two night stand) and a not-so-good guy himself, he had the best chance of getting through to Emma.

Rogue hated the idea of him spending time with Emma, but she also knew that he was right and probably did stand the best chance of securing Emma's help, so she kept quiet. She was vaguely aware that at one time, she would have either yelled or sulked but now, while she most definitely was upset, she kept her composure, outwardly at least.

Remy loaded up a plate and Rogue expected him to just leave but as he passed behind her, he stopped and dropped a kiss on her hair. His way of telling her that she had nothing to worry about. Which she knew. Unfortunately logic had little to do with her feelings and she still worried. Even if she didn't know that they had slept together, surely anyone would worry about their boyfriends meeting a beautiful woman, who dressed like a hooker, in a locked closet, wouldn't they?

Instead she busied herself supervising the clean up. It didn't need supervision since the kids were used to following the chore rota, but Rogue couldn't stop herself interfering and issuing instructions.

Down the hallway, Remy nodded to Logan, who insisted on standing watch outside the room while Remy went in. Logan unlocked the door and Remy stepped inside. There were no comforts here because it was meant to house cleaning supplies, not people, nevertheless, Emma had turned a bucket upside down to act as a chair and looked quite at home.