Chapter 6

THE NEXT DAY

I woke up with Hunters arm around me. I slowly took her arm off of me. I got out of bed and put my fake foot on. I grabbed my cane and then walked out of my room. I put on my holster sitting on the office desk and walked outside. I stumbled over to the gate.

"Jeremy. Can you please open the gate" I said.

"What. Are you serious?" Jeremy said.

"Jeremy. It wasn't a question. It was an order. Please. I need some practice" I said.

"Fine. Just stay close" Jeremy said opening the gate.

I nodded and walked out. I whistled loudly. I saw three Walkers coming towards me. I dropped the cane and took out my hatchet. The first Walker was approaching me. I haven't killed a Walker in a few days. I slashed at the Walker and took it out no problem. The two others where coming at me at the same time. I brought back my hatchet and slashed them both in the head at the same time. They both fell to the ground. I kept walking to kill more.

"I've still got it" I said to myself as I killed two more.

I walked up to the ones at the gate and killed them. I walked past the guard post and noticed Hunter was up there. She must of just woken up.

"Sam! What the hell are you doing?!" Hunter yelled as quietly as possible so Walkers didn't come by.

"I'm practicing. I took out about six already, and I'm not very wobbly as much on my foot any more. I think I might be good" I said.

A Walker walked up next to me. I slashed at it and it fell to the ground. Hunter looked worried.

"Sam! Get back in here now! I don't want you out there! Please!" Hunter said.

"Hunter I'm fine. Trust me. I can take them" I said.

"Ok. Well I'm coming out with you then" Hunter said standing up.

"No it's fine, just stay there" I said.

"I'll be over in a few" Hunter said.

I heard a Walker far behind me. I jogged over to it and killed it. I looked back at Hunter and she was gone. I then focused back on the Walkers around me.

I walked down the road looking for more Walkers to take down. I looked all over my body and saw blood all over my shirt. I wiped my face and noticed that I had heaps of blood all over my face. I think I'm enjoying this too much. Maybe it's just because I'm finally out again. I kept walking down the road. That's when my heart started to beat. I saw about eleven Walkers coming down the road.

"Shit" I said.

I slowly walked over to them killing a few. But that's when one came up to me from my left and pushed me to the ground. It tried to eat me. It chomped it's teeth. But I held it back. I reached for my hatchet but I couldn't get it. I looked to my right and saw the Walkers getting really close.

"Argh!" I screamed pushing the Walker off of me.

I quickly grabbed my hatchet and took out the Walker. The rest of the Walkers were up to me. I took out one. I kicked one of them in the knee with my fake foot.

*BANG*

I looked behind me and saw Hunter shooting her gun at a few Walkers. I took out two more Walkers. There were only six left. I kicked one back and killed two.

"Sam!" Hunter yelled.

Hunter was slowly walking down the road getting closer to me. I grabbed a Walker and threw it into the side of a car. It's head got crushed and blood went all over me. I then took down the last three with my hatchet. I got my breath back quickly.

"Sam!" Hunter yelled as she was running towards me.

I looked up as she ran up to me. She gave me a tight hug.

"I'm fine" I said into her ear as she rested her head onto my shoulder.

"Are you ok?" Hunter asked.

"I'm ok. I wasn't bitten" I said.

"Don't do that you scared the shit out of me. Come back inside with me" Hunter said.

"Did you see what I did though?" I asked catching me breath again.

"I saw. But you shouldn't do this ever again. Ok?" Hunter said.

"I won't. I'm sorry" I said kissing Hunter as we walked back inside.

Jeremy opened the gate for us and we both walked in. Jeremy looked down at me.

"Jesus look at you" Jeremy said.

"Yeah" I said looking down at my shirt and seeing it completely red from blood.

"Jeremy next time this happens don't let him out by himself please" Hunter said.

"Yes ma'am" Jeremy said as I picked up my cane.

As Jeremy closed the gate behind us Hunter looked at me.

"You need a shower" Hunter said.

"Now?" I asked.

"Yeah. Come on" Hunter said walking ahead.

I walked to a shower we made our selves. It is a small wooden box with a big bucket underneath it. When someone was having a shower all the water would fall through the cracks into the bucket and then we can use the water for plants. The water source is from the river near by. I checked to see if there was any water in the big water tank. There was enough. I walked into the shower, took off my fake foot and clothes and then turned the tap. Sadly there is only one temperature. Freezing Cold. But you get used to it after using it for over a year. I heard someone walking up to the shower. They stepped up and knocked on the door.

"It's just me Sam" Hunter said.

I opened the door and she walked in.

"Hey" Hunter said closing the door.

"Hey" I said kissing her.

Luckily for her there is a little room where the water from the shower doesn't go. So she can undress without getting soaked.

"You scared me out there" Hunter said.

We started to kiss. She washed all the blood off my entire body with soap. Hunter was very dirty herself as well so I wiped her down as well washing her back and wiping her face with a cloth. Hunter opened her mouth and let water drip into her mouth. She looked straight at me. She had a pocket of air in her mouth because she still had the water in her mouth. She then squirted water into my face while we both laughed together.

Hunter and I slow danced in the shower hugging each other. She had her head resting on my right shoulder and I had my head resting on her neck as the water dripped down our bodies.

"This cold water sucks" Hunter laughed.

"It definitely does" I said.

After a while of hugging I turned off the shower while Hunter held me up. Hunter opened the door slightly and grabbed the towels hanging up outside. She helped me dry off and I did the same thing to her. We then helped each other get dressed. I picked up my bloody fake foot and Hunter helped me walk out. Everyone near us was looking at us and then quickly looked away. Hunter walked me over to a bucket full of water. I grabbed a sponge and another bucket and scooped out a bit of water. Hunter helped me get to a bench so I could wash my fake foot. Hunter rested her head on my shoulder as I washed off the blood. Once I was finished I dried it with a towel that I use for my fake foot. I then put it on and kissed Hunter on the forehead.

"I love you so much" Hunter said.

"I love you more. Haha" I laughed.

We both laughed together. As I saw Jeremy running over to us.

"Heath's here!" Jeremy yelled.