Chapter 9

The gates slowly opened. I drove in and parked the car in the normal spot. Alleigh and I both got out of the car and walked over to Ana who was standing next to Kane. Ana and Kane both looked down at my foot.

"What happened?" Ana asked with her hand over her mouth shocked.

"Heath's back. That's why I'm where. I need your help to take him down. We will obviously give you some supplies if you help out" I said.

"We are short on bullets and guns" Ana said.

"We can provide them for you and your people" I said.

"What happened to you?" Ana asked.

"Heath made someone chop it off. He also killed Frances, Marc and Stella. Soon he will kill others. That's why we need you" I said.

I saw Kane looking at Ana. Ana held her hand out in front of him like she was holding him back.

"We'll help. But for those supplies in return" Ana said.

"I know" I said.

"Kane might be able to help you with your foot. He's a good blacksmith. He can probably make it so you can adjust it as you grow. He might even be able to make it stronger" Ana said.

"It's fine. I won't need an upgrade any time soon" I said.

"Ok. So what's our plan?" Ana asked.

"We will be all meeting up at Underdale. We will wait for Heath and we will attack him by surprise" I said.

"Ok. When should we leave?" Ana asked.

"Either tomorrow or the next day after tomorrow. It's up to you. Just come with your best men" I said.

"I will" Ana said.

"Why are you helping them!? He's a worthless little kid who now only has one foot. What could he do. How did he even become the leader. All he cares about is himself. Ana we gotta do what you talked about. We have to. None of us like the way things are handled around here. Things have to cha.." Kane yelled as I kicked his legs making him fall over.

I grabbed him and punched him over and over again.

"This is for what you did to Hunter" I said punching him again.

Blood started to rush down his cheek as I punched him.

"I thought you said I was weakling. If I am a weakling and I can beat you in a fight what does that make you?" I said.

"Fuck you" Kane said spitting in my face.

I took out my revolver and aimed it at his face.

"Wait! Stop! Please! I beg you. Please don't kill him" Ana begged me.

"Why not?" I asked.

"I'm pregnant. Only by a couple of weeks. But I'm pregnant, and he's the father. I don't want the child to grow up without a father" Ana said.

"Out of everyone in this place, in Adelaide Oval and in Underdale you chose this dip shit to have a baby with?" I said confused.

"It was a one night stand. I was drunk. So was he. We were celebrating, and it just happened. We didn't try to have a baby, but now we can't change it" Ana said.

I stood up and put my revolver away.

"Come on Alleigh. Let's get out of here. You guys better be there. If not there's going to be some trouble that you caused for yourselves" I said getting into the car.

I waited for Alleigh. When she got in I quickly drove out of Mount Barker and turned right instead of left.

"Where are we going?" Alleigh asked.

"There's one more place I'm going to try" I said.

"Wait. Don't tell me your talking about the Bridge?" Alleigh said.

"I am. But we aren't gonna go in. We are gonna use Heath's tactics and put a walkie talkie somewhere, where they will see it. Maybe we can get them back on our side" I said.

"You know what Anthony's like. He lies all the time. Lies and lies. That's all he does. Are you sure about this?" Alleigh said.

"I'm sure about this. I'll just talk with him. That's all. If I don't like what he says. Then we're done with him" I said.

We made it to the Bridge. I could hear people talking inside. I parked the car far away from the wall.

"Stay here. I'll be back" I said getting out of the car.

I quickly ran towards the wall. I walked around the wall to get to the gate. I saw two people guarding the place. I slowly put the walkie talkie onto the gate. I quickly ran back to the car and got in. I then turned around and went back towards Underdale. This time I decided to go another way. So we could search for things we might need to fight against Heath. We were in new territory. We haven't been in this place before. Alleigh and I looked around. I started to smell something burning.

"Sam. Look over there!" Alleigh said pointing to smoke.

"I see it" I said stepping on the pedal harder.

I drove towards the smoke and stopped the car near it. As soon as I stopped the car I saw a group of about five people with white bandanas on. But they had a helicopter next to them. They all got into the helicopter and the helicopter started to hover. It then quickly flew off in the same direction as the other helicopter I saw. As the helicopter turned around I saw the symbol on it. The star with the circle around it.

"What the hell is going on?" I said.

"I don't know. But that looks like they burnt down another community. We've never been out here before. Maybe they come to this area occasionally" Alleigh said.

"Yeah maybe. But the first helicopter was heading the same way as that one. They must have some sort of camp out that way. But I don't know many places out that way" I said.

"Maybe next time we could talk to them" Alleigh said.

"They burn down communities full of people. I don't think they are very friendly people. Let's get back and think about it" I said driving past the burnt down community.

As I drove past I saw the symbol on one of the walls. All I could think in my head was who the hell are these people?