Fairy Lights

So, as I am not a super organized person, I am really not sure where this story is going.

Then again, I almost never plan stories.

I really should do that xD

But enough about that, hope you enjoy this chapter!

Maxine's POV

"I wanna be your lost boy, your last chance, your everything better plan. Somewhere in Neverland." I softly sang along to All Time Low, my favorite band. I stared at the ceiling. Seems like forever since I got here, but it's only been a few weeks. So much has happened in the past few weeks.

My door burst open. I quickly sat up and took out an earbud. "What?" I snapped. Listening to music was something I liked to do interrupted.

"We've been calling you for like ten minutes." Jerome said. "We made food."

I stared at him for a second. Almost none of the guys knew how to cook anything aside from pizza rolls and toast. The only time we had real food was when their girlfriends come over. "Let me guess. Freezer dinner?"

He smirked. "You'll just have to see."

I rolled my eyes and turned off my music, putting my phone on the nightstand. Jerome was almost bursting with excitement. Why he was so excited about food I don't know. He is Jerome though.

"Come on-n-n-n." Jerome said, dragging out the 'n'.

I gave him a strange look. "Are we going somewhere? Is that why you're acting so weird? Should I change out of my ugly yoga pants?" I wasn't expecting to do anything important today so I was wearing a pair of yoga pants and a blue volleyball shirt from high school.

Jerome laughed. "Close, but no."

I glared at him and he helped me down the stairs. Nobody was in the dining room. I turned to face him. "Seriously, what's going on?"

"Just come on." Jerome said, grinning. "You'll see."

He led me out the back door.

I gasped.

The boys had set up a table by the pool. They had strung fairy lights around the legs and put a white tablecloth on the table making the lights gave off a soft glow. The table was set and everything. It was beautiful.

There were two chairs. Someone was sitting in one of the chairs, but it was too dark for me to see their face.

The other guys stood off to the side in suits. Jason, Adam, Ian, Quentin, Ty, and even Mitch. Martin wasn't there. That meant...the person in the seat...

I turned to look at Jerome. "Did you just set me up with Bodil?"

Jerome blinked. "Uh, no. Well...yeah."

I stared at him for a moment, then smiled. "Thanks, idiot."

Jerome smiled back, probably relieved that I wasn't angry. "No problem."

I walked over to the table and sat down. Sure enough, it was Martin.

I stared down at the ground. "I would've changed out of yoga pants if I knew we were..."

"On a date?" Martin said. I looked up quickly and I noticed his face go red in the dim light. "Unless, you know, you don't want this to be a date. I mean, I'm totally fine if you don't-"

"Shut up." I said with a laugh. "It's fine. This can be a date."

Martin smiled. "I'd love that."

I smiled back. Damn was he adorable.

Martin's POV

I smiled back at Maxine. How the fuck could a girl look so beautiful in old leggings and a shirt from who knows how many years ago? Somehow Maxine pulled it off.

Adam came over and gave us water and Jason asked what our 'order' was, like we were at a restaurant.

Maxine glanced over at the other guys. They were intensely watching us. They quickly looked away.

"Idiots." Maxine said, giggling.

I laughed, which made her laugh again.

"You're beautiful, you know that?" I blurted.

She looked down at the table. "Really?"

"Really."

She looked up, smiling. "Thank you, Martin."

I smiled. She held out her hand and I took it. "You're cute." She said with a wink.

I pretended to be offended. "So I'm not beautiful? Just 'cute'?"

She stared at me wide-eyed for a moment, then realized I was joking. She then burst out laughing and I quickly joined in.

"Looks like someone's having fun." Jerome voice interrupted. I looked up. Jason and Quentin placed plates in front of both me and Maxine. She had a grilled chicken and I had steak.

"Enjoy your meal." Jerome said. You could tell he was holding in a laugh as he briskly power walked away.

Maxine glanced at me. "They're acting so weird." She said, rolling her eyes.

I nodded. "They are."

Maxine picked up her fork. "But enough about them. We've got food! Let's eat!"

Jerome's POV

I smiled. "They're so cute together." I said with a laugh.

"Totally." Quentin agreed.

"Get inside, you creeps." Adam said, and pulled us inside.

"Ew, tuxes suck." Ian complained, pulling off his tie.

"Bacca likes the suit." I said, earning a laugh from everyone else.

"Oh my god." Jason said from the door. We all turned. Jason was staring out the door, which was glass.

"What? What's 'oh my god'?" Adam said.

Jason turned to us. "They're kissing."

There was silence. I grinned. "Operation Get Maxine and Bodil Together was a success!"

Maxine's POV

I watched as Adam pulled Quentin and Jerome back inside, making us the only people.

"I can't believe they did this." I said, looking around, then back to Martin. "How'd they get you into this anyway?"

He chuckled. "They gave me no choice."

I smiled, resting my elbows in the table. "Well I'm glad they did this."

Martin copied me. Our faces were suddenly very close.

"Me too." Martin whispered.

Suddenly our lips were connected. At first I hesitated, but then I started kissing back. It was perfect.

We finally pulled away and I caught Martin's eyes.

He reached over and took my hand again. "Maxine, will you...uh...will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes, I will."

Martin grinned. "The shippers are going to have trouble pairing our names because they both start with 'M'. What will we be? Maxtin?"

I rolled my eyes. "Shut up, idiot." I said, pulling him in for another kiss.

YAY! Martin and Maxine are together! What should their ship name be? Marine? Maxtin?

Comment what you think their ship name should be!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Be sure to vote, comment your thoughts, and follow me for more stories in the future.

I love you all. Less than three <3