Chapter 02 | Danny 'O Ricco

It was happening. Shit, how did Maureen convince me?! I looked at all the different people on the airport walking by, some in a hurry and some looking like they had all the time of the world. I looked back at my sister that came with me before I "meet" the team, because apparently I was supposed to be traveling with them together.
'I don't think I can do this,' I told my sister after we already checked in my bag... or actually Maureens bag with a few clothing items of mine.
'Too bad, you're doing this!' Maureen said with a strict face. 'You just have to react on the name Maureen and remember the names that I told you last night,'
'That's easier said then done, you know how hard it is to act like you?!' I asked my sister who suddenly looked at me with a confused look on her face.
'I'm pretending that's not an insult, thank you very much,' she said while looking at the time. 'But you need to go now, otherwise you will miss the plane, and you know I never get late for anything,' I rolled my eyes after Maureen told me that. I might struggle with getting on time every single day... 'Give me your phone,'
'My phone!?' I asked shocked.
'Yeah dummy, my teammates don't have your number, just give it now!' Maureen thought about everything. It almost seemed like she was planning this way ahead before I even knew about it. I looked at my phone and sighed before I give it to her. We already knew each others passwords.
'But if you dare to look at older messages with Josh I will kill you,' I told her. She rolled her eyes and pushed me to customs.
'Just go and have fun! I see you Saturday in Austria,' she said and waved at me. I give another big sigh while looking at Maureens phone. Let's do this..
I was looking for the right gate, but it wasn't hard as I saw a big group in their Red Bull outfit, just like me. It took me a few seconds to realize that they were calling for me as they shouted Maureens name. I almost wanted to run back to my sister that surely was already outside of the airport, but I kept walking to the group and put on a big smile.
'You either had a lot of coffee before you got here or you're not Maureen!' one said with a buzz cut. I believed his name was Rocky. Maureen indeed needed her coffee in the morning or she wouldn't smile, which I never had a problem with, smiling in the morning.
'Who knows, maybe I'm not Maureen,' I said with a big grin while sitting on a free chair between two other teammates. I believed they didn't know Maureen had a twin sister, me, so I could joke about it, right? I directly got a hand through my hair that made it look like a bird's nest. It was the blond guy on my right that did that. Maureen talked a lot about him, he was a mechanic too, was it Brad? I believe so. He didn't look like a Brad if you'd asked me.
'But if you keep doing that I'll change in Satan, so watch out,' I said, already getting annoyed with the guy next to me that kept messing up my hair.
'Pretty sure that's Maureen yeah,' Brad laughed and stopped annoying me. I looked around me until I saw Daniel Ricciardo walking passed us and greeted everyone in general.
'Good morning Maureen,' he greeted me as the only person personally. He winked at me before walking away. My eyebrows shot upwards. I guess I have to get used to seeing the people that I always watch on tv now in personal. I didn't even think about that.
'He's still crushing on her,' Brad said while rolling his eyes. The others started to laugh softly, which made me start to grin. Maureen never told me about Daniel. Maybe I should help my sister a little bit. She hasn't been in a relationship since... well forever.

It wasn't until we landed in Austria and all were walking to the bus that was arranged that I could get a hold on my sister. I was walking behind the whole pack of the group while she called me.
'How was your flight?' she asked immediately.
'Oh, good, you know. Found some things I didn't knew before,' I grinned, while keeping the group before me in eye sighed. I did not want to be left behind already.
'What did you find? That Austria is beautiful? I told you that we needed to go there for a ski trip!' I rolled my eyes.
'No dummy!' I laughed softly. 'I didn't know you had a crush on Danny 'O Ricco and he has the heats for you too.' I kept my voice low so that no one would hear me.
'Listen, I know you're playing me for a few days, but don't start anything with him for me, okay?' she sounded in panic, which was exactly what I wanted from her. And I was surprised that she didn't start to deny it immediately, which she often did, so that has to mean that she really likes him.
'But you could be such a great couple!' I said this time in my normal voice as the group stopped at a big bus.
'Don't do anything stupid Maya, I swear.' I heard my sister say before I hang up with a big grin on my face. I was gonna play matchmaker. Of course I would, now that I had the chance. I walked in to the bus and let myself drop somewhere in the back next to a window. I put my headphones on my head while connecting it to my phone. I immediately put on Foo Fighters as I was waiting for us to finally go to the hotel. My head was leaning against the cold window while I looked shortly at the text message that I got from my sister, telling me that she really didn't want me to do anything concerning her relationship. I locked my phone when someone was sitting next to me. Daniel Ricciardo. I guess they're closer then I thought. He looked at me which made me pull my headphones off my right ear and look back at him with a smile.
'Hey,' he grinned.
'Hey,' I laughed back because of him greeting me was so random to me. I watch this guy on weekends on my television, and now he's sitting next to me?
'Not sitting with Brad?' he asked while we both looked shortly at the blond guy way in the back. I shook my head in disgust.
'I've been sitting with him the whole plane ride, that boy is too loud and doesn't shut up,' I explained. Maureen might love it, but I hated it. I was planning on sleeping the whole plane journey or to read my book, but that guy just couldn't stop talking. Daniel started to laugh while I saw him putting his arm around my chair so that it was kind of around me. Okay loverboy. It was kind of funny how because I was playing my sister this didn't effect me at all, while if I was being myself right now I would've died if a boy was being so straight forward. Josh never even considered being like this.
'You're saying Brad is too loud, but you have Foo Fighters on on your headphone?' I shrugged.
'I like Dave Grohl better I guess,' I smiled back. I was surprised that Maureen would be so close with a driver. She worked on Sebastian Vettel's car and had nothing to do with Daniel, so how come they found each other between all those people that were walking in that garage?